• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Post Your EDC Blade

My EDC is a little overboard. I unloaded yesterday to give my truck a good cleaning due to getting a new truck this week.

IDqzA.jpg

If I was packing all that gear in my work car it would probably only go 139-MPH top end...... :)

Holy Crap Nasa, that is alot of EDC. Put all that in the helos I work on, they may not get off the ground!
Nitesite, just curious, how fast does your Charger go?

tcecil88 said:
Nitesite, just curious, how fast does your Charger go?

146-MPH but it took someone a lot younger and even more stupid than I to find that out. :)

A couple years ago I had one of those epiphany moments. I turned on a reckless driver doing some godawful speed and by the time I cleared oncoming cars and straightened out he had put a really wide margin between us. I had to push a CVPI to about 130 +/- to gain on him and that still took several miles. He was doing 105-mph the last time I pinged him from about a 1/4-mile back. Anyway, after the arrest the 2006 Crown Vic I was in that night felt really bad in the front end. I stopped at the next lighted gas station and found that my left front tire had only 7-lbs of air pressure and was almost on the rim at low speeds. God only knows what would have happened if I had blown out and flipped. My wife would have killed me for that little stunt. :mrgreen:

My Charger handles great at high speed, much better than a CVPI, but I am firm in my faith that it just isn't worth the consequences (to myself and my community) if I have to risk that kind of crap again just to hand somebody a piece of paper for a traffic citation or a minor misdemeanor.

The red numbers are my target car, and I was screaming to catch up to him. I hope even young rookies learn to shy away from such stupidity. :oops:

105_MPH_web-2.jpg

Yeah, I know what your saying. I was on a ride along with a buddy (recently commited suicide after a long battle with depression, long story, PM me if you want to know more) and we were responding to a silent alarm as backup to the unit assigned. We were screaming through busy intersections, getting air and all sorts of craziness. Turned out to be a false alarm. Really sensless when you consider all the reckless driving we were doing to try and catch someone doing a B&E.

I carry an all black Jim Wagner reality based rescue folder knife. It's got a half serrated half blunt blade with seatbelt hook on the back with window breaker pommel. I've cut through quite a bit of materials with this, and the seatbelt cutter doubles as a handy bottle opener!

If you use tapatalk on your phone its easy to upload pictures.

mingaa said:
Yes FD - CRKT made a number of variations on the M16 - a 'High Risk Environment' series (printed on blade after FD). I believe they Made a PD and Armed Forces version - maybe others. This is M16-12FDZ. IIRC I stole it off eBay - apparently others did not share my thinking that it not only looked cool (plus built well) but would be a limited run as well.

I found a brand spankin new, unused, still in box CRKT M16-12FDZ for $50 on the "Blade Forums". The guy had it posted up in 2011 and I just sent him an email asking if it was still available, since there were no posts after his. It Is!!
woohooo!!!

Here's a Cold Steel Recon I Series Folder I got for Father's Day...razor sharp !!

ColdSteel_Recon1.gif

DAMN LES! I like those Boker Subcoms! How do you like the "Wharcom" blade? I'd switch out my Kershaw for one of those Boker knives if they are worth the $30 on Amazon haha... Railroad isn't knife friendly at all

The Warcom makes a great utility knife for around the house. It's great for cutting a straight edge and especially well siuted for scraping. My favorite of the bunch is the SubClaw. The hawkbill blade makes a great little multi-purpose knife...

I have a Coldsteel mini tac Tonto knife with sheath. I got in a little dispute for carrying it underneath my shirt at work... its an awesome knife! Just used it at the wrong time to open some soup... :(

Back