• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Post Your EDC Blade

Those are some serious toothpicks and that espada is insane!

Here in TN we are limited to carrying blades 4" or under, so that's definitely not in the cards for me...

Not for long! :D ...................

Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam has signed SB1771, Knife Rights’ bill repealing the state’s antiquated ban on switchblade (automatic) knives and possession of knives over four inches in length “with intent to go armed.” a vague law subject to abusive interpretation. As of July 1, 2014, there are no longer any per se illegal knives in Tennessee.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/09/tennessee-switchblade-ban-repealed/#ixzz30PxKIWZP

Yes Sir, I saw that was signed by the Gov. on 4/8.

I'm already shopping around for some new blades...

First knife I ever owned was this camping knife my grandfather gave me when I was really young. Its really old. Marked Colonial USA on the blade. When stuff was actually made in the good ol USA. I used to take it to school sometimes and use it at lunch. Ahh the good old days back when you could do that and no one thought twice. Bring something like that to school today and I'd be considered a threat to society with the media making me sound like a terrorist. What a sad state the world has evolved to. :(

Second knife I owned in grade school was a Swiss Army. Begged my Mom for months to buy it for me since I wasn't old enough. Did a lot of chores and mowed the yard to earn the money for it. I still on occasion drop it into my pocket like I did yesterday for Mothers Day. Even though its been 5 years since her death on Mothers Day I still like to wear or utilize something my Mom bought me and that was what I chose yesterday. It also reminded me I've not gathered up some of my knives and shot a group photo lol. Those two knives are really sentimental to me and I'll never part with either ever.

From left to right after the Swiss Army. Flea Market special. Literally. Paid a couple of bucks for it but its surprisingly useful for a cheap no namer. Gerber paraframe mini and full size special run colors. The mini makes a great letter opener. The larger one is what I usually have on me these days. Nex up the Gerber Gator. I only wish it had a clip on it sometimes. Tactical Performance gift set someone gave me last xmas with tan G10 grips. I love anything in FDE so it was a perfect gift. KA BAR Warthog Tanto folder. I've honestly abused the crap out of that knife and it was my favorite/primary EDC for a number of years. Finally the Remington FAST fixed blade. Not exactly an EDC around town but when out in the woods its a welcome thing to have at my side. I've got more knives but these are the ones these days that usually find their way into one of my pockets when out and about somewhere.

Last edited:
That's a nice collection you've got there. I'm glad to see your Swiss army there. My dad carries one. I've never been lucky enough to own one.

Talk about a walk down memory lane. I too had one of those spoon knives.

The actual blade on the one I had was so dull it wouldn't cut butter, but I know what you're saying.

Talk about a walk down memory lane. I too had one of those spoon knives.

The actual blade on the one I had was so dull it wouldn't cut butter, but I know what you're saying.

I think mine had the addition of a saw new model lol. Still just as dull tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Dull as hell on mine too. I mostly used it for the fork and spoon. Until I got one I used to pretend it was a Swiss Army. I'll say this its turned a real nice patina. I'd never attempt to sharpen the blade or clean it up. I like the aged look it has turned to.

I love the CRKT. It's my 10% smarter knife. I like to hand it to people to watch them try to close it.

But the CRKT is definitely an awesome knife. And you've got the tanto blade. Very nice.

I love the CRKT. It's my 10% smarter knife. I like to hand it to people to watch them try to close it.

But the CRKT is definitely an awesome knife. And you've got the tanto blade. Very nice.
yeah , the extra safety always throws them lol.
Its a great system though because that primary lock design can get depressed while twisting , like boring a hole in wood and whatnot , seen it happen more than once with that type of lock on other knives

Almost all of my carry blades have the frame lock.

Like you said, it becomes second nature and I find them really easy to close one handed as well...

I'm just talkin 'bout the section of the frame that acts as a lock. My frame locks only have the one lock...

This little button is what throws folks with a CRKT, it’s a little safety that doesn’t allow the lock to be disengaged unless its pulled to the rear, exclusive to CRKT as far as I know.

Back