• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Post Your EDC Blade

aa807c02363bf17fbb38f43a66de573e.jpg

CRKT. M16-10KS
Carried about 9 months now. Used and abused. Didn't think i would like a Tanto point when i got it, but its been my favorite carry knife. In about 16 years of carrying a knife on a daily basis
hey don't you think its cool that these guy's moms let them take their knives out for pictures ?

seriously though, what different lives we all must lead......I would seriously miss my knife it were to turn up missing

Hey, have any of you guys played with or carried a RatWorx MRX? I think the design of the whole knife is awesome, but don't know if it would be a good daily carry blade. That chain drive action with the sprocketed blade is so sweet.

I prefer to carry a fixed blade when I can; and that's usually a CRKT C/K Dragon with a Boker Mini Slik attached to it...

EDC007_zps0c841750.jpg

or an Old Timer Sharpfinger...

s-l1000.jpg

And then I'll typically keep a folder in my pocket too; usually my Kershaw Tension and maybe a cheap slipjoint...

EDC051_zpsb2b6a293.jpg

But this Bad Blood Mosier Persian has worked its way into the rotation after I picked it up from an Atlanta Cutlery Corp. warehouse clearance sale Saturday before last...

BadBloodMosierPersian1_zpswq2vtkce.jpg

Thing gives new meaning to the term "overbuilt"; in a pinch and pressed into service it could double as a boat anchor.

My EDC....

As with everything here in the Uk, we're limited with what we can carry...:
(https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives)

It is illegal to:
  • sell a knife to anyone under 18 (16 to 18 year olds in Scotland can buy cutlery and kitchen knives) unless it’s a knife with a folding blade 3 inches long (7.62 cm) or less, eg a Swiss Army knife
  • carry a knife in public without good reason - unless it’s a knife with a folding blade 3 inches long (7.62 cm) or less
  • carry, buy or sell any type of banned knife
  • use any knife in a threatening way (even a legal knife, such as a Swiss Army knife)
Lock knives (knives with blades that can be locked when unfolded) are not folding knives, and are illegal to carry in public without good reason.

Good reasons for carrying a knife
Examples of good reasons to carry a knife in public can include:
  • taking knives you use at work to and from work
  • taking knives to a gallery or museum to be exhibited
  • the knife is going to be used for theatre, film, television, historical reenactment or religious purposes, eg the kirpan some Sikhs carry
A court will decide if you’ve got a good reason to carry a knife if you’re charged with carrying it illegally.

The maximum penalty for an adult carrying a knife is 4 years in prison and a fine of £5,000.

some great blades

that Old Timer, a classic skinner in these parts I have had many. They litter the woods, the earlier scabbards weren't the best

some great blades

that Old Timer, a classic skinner in these parts I have had many. They litter the woods, the earlier scabbards weren't the best
That's why I carry an orange one; trying my best not to populate the woods with any more of them, at my expense. :D

For the urban jungle, sometimes I'll carry my KA-BAR TDI...

ac71e5c0-6371-4325-acea-9fe5fd0eb6fa_zps0jezy34h.jpg

It's by far my most comfortable and discreet fixed blade to carry; with that TCP in a pocket and the TDI on a belt, with the way the TDI conforms to the body, you can forget they're there... perfect setup for shorts too; both are so light you don't get drag and sag.

Every day that I work there now is a fixed blade knife that is very quick to reach. I've tried several; the Ka-Bar TDI, the Cold Steel push knife with the wicked blade and T-handle... okay but just not right for me. I paid both of them forward to friends for them to try out (hopefully successfully).

I sprung a lot more money for an ESEE-3 with linen micarta handles. I just love it and have carried it non-stop for over a year. It does EVERYTHING I need it to do in the field. There is a folder in my calf pouch, which is a CRKT M21-04 big and strong but too slow if I really really want a knife and want it NOW. IMO a fixed blade makes a lot more sense.

Around town if i can partially conceal it I just tote a Gerber fixed blade with a drop point in a cordura belt sheath.

If im headed to the big scary city its that little esee zancudo and the cold steel voyager. But most days i just carry the kershaw cryo 2. If feeling nostalgic either the old old timer 70t or my beloved SOG Tomcat coccobollo. On occassion i may strap on a fix blade its usually an esee 4 but cold steel recon tanto sometimes. There is also my old bob terzuola cqb1 and a hand forged damascus from Kings customs they dont get out much anymore.1492187756282-1360208301.jpg 1492187542179-1724238546.jpg

The new Uzi folder is my everyday key fob. The stainless folder is an inexpensive no name knife. Very well-made though for a $10 knife.

The Uzi is $20 but I got it on sale for $10. Very thin and concealable.
20170414_102452.jpg
20170414_102419.jpg
14921909488781237094508.jpg

I bought mine at Big 5 Sporting Goods.

It is really easy to open with one hand. Much easier than knives that have a stud for your thumb to press open.

The thumb just fits in that little hole in the blade and flicks it up.

I bought mine at Big 5 Sporting Goods.

It is really easy to open with one hand. Much easier than knives that have a stud for your thumb to press open.

The thumb just fits in that little hole in the blade and flicks it up.
I looked online even went to uzi site. No luck yet i dont think ive heard of big5 in Alabama

Back