• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Post Your EDC Blade

Ooohh...G10 handle...shweetness.....post up pix when you get it.... :)

Next week I'll start carrying for work (in addition to a Kershaw Speedsafe Compound) a CRKT M21-04

AUS-8 Japanese steel and a 4-inch blade almost 1/4" thick.

http://www.crkt.com/crkt/content/images ... ge_276.jpg
http://www.crkt.com/crkt/content/images ... 1Blade.jpg

M21-04_large_276.jpg

M21Blade.jpg

When not at work I'm carrying a Puma folder that was handmade in Germany and given to me by a good friend. It's a teeny bit large for dress wear but is a true gentlemans knife for the discerning individual. ;)

And I still will have with me everywhere I go, the Ka-Bar Zombie Killer.... :D

KaBar-Zombie-1.jpg

nitesite said:
Next week I'll start carrying for work (in addition to a Kershaw Speedsafe Compound) a CRKT M21-01

AUS-8 Japanese steel and a 0.20" thick 4-inch blade. Went with aluminum scales so they won't chew thru pockets like G10.

http://www.crkt.com/crkt/content/images ... ge_276.jpg
http://www.crkt.com/crkt/content/images ... 1Blade.jpg

M21-04_large_276.jpg

M21Blade.jpg

When not at work I'm carrying a Puma folder that was handmade in Germany and given to me by a good friend. It's a teeny bit large but is a true gentlemans knife for the discerning individual. ;)

And I still will have with me everywhere I go, the Ka-Bar Zombie Killer.... :D

KaBar-Zombie-1.jpg

Nice looking crkt....I have always liked the looks of the black handles.

now the dayglo....well...at least it won't get lost in the woods. or in a zombies head. :lol:

Okay, here are the EDC working knives, not to be confused with a very fine German-made Puma for more sophisticated and civilized occasions....

The CRKT M21-04 has aluminum scales and the blade measures a hair under 4-inches. I confess that a 4-inch blade that's nearly 1/4" thick is a pretty huge folder to carry, but it means business and is strong as hell. I came to appreciate the blade measuring 3.875" when I recently travelled and the restrictions on knives was that blades of 4-incles and under were allowed.

Here is the M21-04 and a Kershaw Speedsafe Assisted Compound that is lightning fast and quite a handy size for most tasks I encounter.

EDC_knives.jpg

I chose the aluminum so that it wouldn't be so abrasive on pockets or car seats.

EDC_knife.jpg

nitesite said:
When not at work I'm carrying a Puma folder that was handmade in Germany and given to me by a good friend. It's a teeny bit large for dress wear but is a true gentlemans knife for the discerning individual. ;)

those are super cool !

oli700 said:
those are super cool !

Made even more so when received as an unexpected gift from a good friend.

That Puma is real special to me. Thank You so much... :D

I'm going to need a better pic of that Puma....oh...wait...where is it?? ;)

ripjack13 said:

:mrgreen:

I'll try to get a properly respectful "museum quality" photo of this sophisticated instrument. One can't simply throw out some snapshot of a hand-made German folder made by Puma, now can we???? :)

LOL....It was the thought that counted, I'm glad you liked it.....still havent shot the damn bullets yet. We were talking about it today too. Need to do it before we get too busy with fire

CRKT makes a great knife...I own a few. Puma is also an excellent blade...

I just ordered a Cold Steel Recon I with a 1/2 serrated clip drop point...

$74 delivered. Will post a pic when she comes in...

I love the CRKT knives. Very well made. Even my old one from when I bought it in 95 is still holding up well. Although I don't use it daily anymore, it's the one I use when I'm in my shop.....

I lost my Benchmade (ARG!!!) at the last outdoor event that I shot - the club was great posting to try and help me get it back but - no luck. I have, erm, a number of blades in reserve. Currently I'm attached to this variation on the CRKT M16 line (7 1/4" overall when open) - a second shot would have showed the flip, clip and dual lock. For a while I was on a run getting CRKTs at really good prices - not sure that everyone knows how good they are!

Holy toledo! That one is sweet! What is the FD stand for? Fire Dept? If so I need to get one.....

Yes FD - CRKT made a number of variations on the M16 - a 'High Risk Environment' series (printed on blade after FD). I believe they Made a PD and Armed Forces version - maybe others. This is M16-12FDZ. IIRC I stole it off eBay - apparently others did not share my thinking that it not only looked cool (plus built well) but would be a limited run as well.

ripjack13 said:

Well, here it is. :ugeek:

I should have found the lint roller to clean the tuxedo trousers. :oops:

Puma_knife.jpg

Back