• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

problems with plastic spacer behind return spring

greenthumb74

Copper BB
I have now broken 3 spacers behind the return spring of my 935 shooting magnum waterfowel loads and turkey loads,is there any reason this part can't be aluminum,I have machined one but was looking for some info before I tryed it and had a catastrophic malfunction

Did you end up trying the aluminum spacer? I unfortunately do not have any experience with this issue on the Mossberg 935.

I am going to try my aluminum spacer later today,let's hope all works well I will post the results after my day of shooting,I will also be shooting my new stouger that I just bought for 200$ off a guy that says he didn't like the way it worked,hopefully I like it as much as my 935. Although it will never replace my love for my mossberg,by the way my chocolate lab that I use for hunting is named mossberg I love my gun and my dog I never go hunting fowl without my two mossbergs.

The new aluminum spacer worked great today,the gun worked flawless with three inch shells and only jammed three times with three and a half inch shells and the issues with the three and a half inch shell had nothing to do with the spacer but I beleave had to do with the bar that holds the shells in the magazine because the spent shell ejected every time but did not release the next shell from the magazine, which leads me to think that it is a hole separate issue

My new spacer I made up seems 2 be working better the more rounds I cycle through the gun,iv fired around 1000 rounds now and it is firing everything I put in it even when I mix 3 and 3. 1/2 inch rounds

If you can, I'd like to see some pics of the aluminum spacer. Thanks

I know this is a old post, but after a year how has the spacer worked out? By the way you ought to make some extra's and sell em! I would definitely buy one!

Back