• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

PSA from Hogue Inc.

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
I just spoke with a rep of Hogue Inc. as I was looking for some product info.

She mentioned to me to be aware that many new Mossbergs are coming with the pinned forends rather than the more traditional action slide tube we're used to seeing.

She asked if I could passs along the info that while they continue to make OM stock kits and forends, the forend will not work without the action slide tube, it can not replace the pinned forends on its own.

And really, this info applies to any after market forend you may be considering.

I'll do some searches for distributors of the action slide tubes and add links here.

It totally blows that OFM seems to be going to the pinnned forends altogether.

Spoke with a guy a few month ago when I was first looking into buying a 12ga. He tried to sell me a M500 with pinned forend, when I pointed it out, his reply was... "Well you should really buy this one quick than! It's a Newer model!" ... I laughed and walked away! Would have cost me an extra $40 to fix!

JD, not that I've seen. It seems the ribbed police style forends are being left alone for now.

The pinned forends more closely resemble a sporting forend and have what looks like a "cut out" or coping on either side along the top rear edge. I have to go, but I'll try and find a good pic later! ;)

That's good stuff! I've got a pinned 500, and I desperately want to upgrade. Knowing which length tube to buy would nice to know too, because I hear there's two different lengths available.

the_mule said:
That's good stuff! I've got a pinned 500, and I desperately want to upgrade. Knowing which length tube to buy would nice to know too, because I hear there's two different lengths available.

Mule, the most common for aftermarket stocks is the longer of the two, 7 5/8"... The shorter one is 6 and some inches. In the event the shorter one is all that can be foun or is available, an extension nut can be purchased too.

The go to place I know of for more info is Havlin Sales.
Havlin Sales

In fact here is the pic of the action tubes from their site;

beforeoldstyle.jpg

Midway USA sells the long action slide tube (listed 7 3/4") for $54, though at this time theyre out of stock. (as of March 05 2012)

Midway USA, Mossberg long action slide tube
423284.jpg

Brownells, also out of stock... and $70.

Brownells, Mossberg long action slide tube
p_631000023_1.jpg

Midway International, $54. Out of stock.

Midway International, Mossberg long action slide tube
423284.jpg

Numrich Gun Parts, (gun parts corps) lists $62 and looks to be in stock!!! :D
Numrich, Mossberg long action slide tube
53170.jpg

Still lookin at more...

Back