• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Pure Talk wireless?

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Anyone here use Pure Talk?

Rates look good but bandwidth is often an issue with carriers that piggyback into other carriers network.

Consumer cellular here.

Works great for me. Affordable. No contracts.

They also give your first 30 days free to try it out. If it doesn't work for you where you are, cancel it and get something else.

Really hard to beat those terms.

If you tell them I referred you, we'll both get $10 off I think? It may be more, but I think that's what it was.

Same here also, Consumer Cellular. Me and the wife have been with them for years. And their phone prices are real good. 3 yrs ago I bought a Motorola that was the previous years model so instead of $350.00 I got it for $100.00 and it's still thicken.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hows the coverage when you travel?

Thanks for the feedback.

Hows the coverage when you travel?
I've had spotty signal in the hills of TN when I go down to a friend's property for some time off (but that's kind of the point when I go there). Otherwise I we are fine in IN.

Mike, can't comment on the specific carrier but if you live in an area where coverage is an issue I'd look for providers and phones which also enable wifi calling. The phone automatically changes between cell tower coverage to wifi coverage based on the signal strength. In other words, if you have wifi in your house you can use it to make calls when the tower strength is bad.

Not all providers nor all phones provide this alternative method. But it's certainly helps in rural or mountainous areas where signal strength is an issue.

Regards

FYI: Consumeyou Cellyoursoul pays royalties to AARP so if you use them you are supporting an org that is Dumpocrapically woke... :rolleyes:

I was having issues with ATT earlier this year that got resolved but I was very close to getting Patriot Mobile, who supports conservative causes such as the NRA... :)

Mike,
When I HAD to change in Jan '22 I bought a Motorola for $120 and Boost service for $35/mo.
All I want from a cell phone is phone calls, text, and camera.
All the rest like weather, internet, navigation... I don't care much about.
Coverage is great in E TN except when I get into the mountains heading for NC.

FYI: Consumeyou Cellyoursoul pays royalties to AARP so if you use them you are supporting an org that is Dumpocrapically woke... :rolleyes:

I was having issues with ATT earlier this year that got resolved but I was very close to getting Patriot Mobile, who supports conservative causes such as the NRA... :)

Forgot about Patriot Mobile. Will check them out as well. Thanks.

You guys would choke on your own tongues if you knew what we have to pay for top tier cell service up here.

Like everything else...its damn expensive. I am super jealous when I hear you guys talking about phone plans for 35 bucks per month. I was paying that in the 90's...........

Back