• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

QD sling lets go when pulled...

inygma

.22LR
... So my question is have I just got a lemon? Installed properly far as I can see, it will release without pushing the button when brought to firing position (tension). Wouldn't expect that's normal. I did have to elevate the bottom so it would connect. Time for a replacement request? They're ones recommended in another thread, not cheapies

... So my question is have I just got a lemon? Installed properly far as I can see, it will release without pushing the button when brought to firing position (tension). Wouldn't expect that's normal. I did have to elevate the bottom so it would connect. Time for a replacement request? They're ones recommended in another thread, not cheapies
These are what I used, Lazy eyed sniper had them on his rifle: http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Spike_s_Tactical_Heavy_Duty_Push_Button_Quick_Deta_p/sp-sla0660.htm
It didn't make sense. And so, the moron thought, 'what might make that happen?' And he pondered overnight. Then, he thought 'Wonder if it pulls out of the OTHER attachment point.' And so, he put the swivel in the fore end and BEHOLD! It didn't come out.

So, I was putting it through one of the Urbino slots close to the kick pad, shoulder pad, whatever. There was likely no more than 1/32" more needed for it to lock into place. Couldn't SEE the difference, but just enough. Now that puppy is ON there, and I LOVE the Huskey slider on my 930. I had pondered if it would assist for old guy shoulder issues in extended ready position carry: yepper. I'm done modifying it now. Mongo happy with big gun. :)

Back