• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month (July 2022)(Scotus Ruling)

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
With the Supreme Court ruling in NYSRPA vs Bruen case now in the books (less implementation) what gun laws, if any, would you like to see targeted and removed as unconstitutional?

All of them...
I guess that covers mine!

But there is one Tennessee law that is now one year old that really chaps my ass.

The full text of [Tennessee] § 39-17-1306(a) is as follows:
No person shall intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carry on or about the person while inside any building in which judicial proceedings are in progress any weapon prohibited by Tenn. Code Ann. § 39-17-1302(a), for the purpose of going armed; provided, that if the weapon carried is a firearm, the person is in violation of this section regardless of whether the weapon is carried for the purpose of going armed.​

This is a TRAP that I may very well have fallen into unintentionally.
My county court house has law offices, judges offices, court rooms, license offices, veterans services, etc.
There are magnetometer and search stations set up and attended when court proceedings are on those floors.

But I carry a pistol when buying license plates or talking to my Vet Affairs officer. No guards between me and their doors or offices.
Our Attorney General has written that if a judge is on the phone talking about case then "judicial proceedings are in progress."

So I could be sitting in my Vet Affairs office legally armed when a judge 2 stories up answers a phone and discusses a case, "judicial proceedings" right there.
And I am instantly, and unknowingly turned into a felon.

That law needs to go.

...and the rest of them, @Bobster !

Last edited:
The new red flag laws are dangerous and clearly unconstitutional.

the new 21 to buy rifles is clearly unconstitutional.

ATF ban on bump stocks are unconstitutional.

NY new gun bill. Or any gun bill they pass is unconstitutional.

AWB laws are ignorant and unconstitutional.

Maybe a little different approach to a serious nationwide issue.

I'd like to see Congress, inconjunction with the Supreme Court's review or atleast their initial head nod, approve a bill for Nationwide Constutional Carry.

Carry, including open carry, and weapons transportation laws vary across all the states and it almost impossible for individuals to know all the rules when traveling or conducting business across neighboring state lines. We must deal with both individual state laws and federal restriction on transport of certain types of weapons.

Uniform definitions and laws would certainly help.

Regards

Repeal the NFA.

Strip the ATF of the ability to effectively legislate gun law. Or just disband the agency altogether.

Remove all red flag laws.

Remove all registration and ownership databases. Federal, local and otherwise.

Allow suppressors over the counter without a tax stamp/registration

Get rid of the idea of 'constructive intent'

Remove restrictions on concealed carry and elimination of ' safe zones'

I could go on....

Chevron deference.

It's basically the government agency saying something is illegal just because they say so.

While not a law, or even a gun law per say, that's what gives agencies oversight to make their rulings and argue them in court.

Another big one.

It should also be unlawful for an elected official to be allowed to get campaign contributions from lobbyists.

That's essentially allowing them to be paid off under the table. or, even right in your face even.

Elected officials should only be allowed to make the money they get as salary.

Yes, I know that isn't a gun law, but that would prevent all the anti (and even pro) 2A orgs or pharmacy/medicine/health, automobile industry, etc from wasting money on kickbacks to make elected politicians get rich. I'm just calling a spade a spade.

All lobbyists should be disbanned and barred.

All lobbyists should be disbanned and barred.

While I agree, they have a First Amendment right to "talk" to your congress-critters. :rolleyes: Conversely, Big Pharma, Big Tobacco and Big Alcohol have TOO big of a hold on Congress, IMO. ALL of them are guilty of "genocide" or at least manslaughter. They are the only reason I can think of that marijauna is not de-criminalized by now...

I don't think Big Pharma should be allowed to advertise on TV just as Big T and Big A are not allowed to. I'm phucking sick and tired of every other commercial being some drug I'll NEVER ask my doctor about. They must be running out of names by now, anyway... :rolleyes:

I don't have a issue with lobbyists trying to pursuade politicians to see things a certain way.

I have an issue as soon as money, favors, etc. are exchanged for access or to get certain things passed. Unfortunately this is what lobbyists have become.

Back