• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month (May 2022)(Exodus)

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
In a follow up to last months question. If the US or your home country were invaded like the Ukraine and you had to bug out, where would you go?

Thanks go to @MikeD for this months question. Thanks for last months goes to @ripjack13

I was the last one to answer last month's question.
I'll be the first one to answer this month's.

I'll use the same scenarios.

Plan 1: If I still have a family around my choice would to be BUG OUT. Something like the ongoing Ukranian forced migration. My destination would be Canada or Mexico. [Whichever one was NOT the invader. I speak French and Spanish well enuff to get along and I could be back to fluent in about 6 months to a year.]

Plan 2: If I'm on my own I'd want to fight. So maybe I'd bug out to [or in this case, infiltrate] the enemy country. Dying of boredom would kill me.

That’s a tough one. I live 20 miles from Lewis McChord, both stocked with nukes and a bunch of Rangers itching to use them. I live 40 miles from from a nuclear sub base brimming with sparkly magic. If we were invaded and the soon to be deceased were able to get past all that, then wherever I chose to bug to would be my choice as my final resting place, so, nah, I’m good right here.

With the fifth largest economy in the world, I doubt they will give you up that quick..lol we have a third of the nation’s nuclear arsenal up here, I’m sure we can slip you a couple on the down low…

I wouldn't be bugging nowhere short of NBC. (nuclear, biological, chemical) Unless just simply over-ran by large numbers, and in that case, I probably wouldn't make it out alive anyway. May as well make as big of a mess as I could until then and hope I get lucky.

And if I don't, someone is going to have a helluva mess to fix after I'm gone and it won't be me cleaning it back up, so I'm going to make it a good one.

For me, living in a rural, mountainous setting, there is no leaving and given my age, my initial focus is purely on defensive response. The rural threat is unlikely to be a large military forces but more likely small bands of folks, many who have escaped from the cities, looking for support or individuals willing to take (steal) things they need. A military invasive force will likely concentrate on built up areas or stratgeic targets plus routes of travel which support rapid movement of combat vehicles and equipment. As operations drag on there will likely be counter insurgency groups formed which can blend in with the populas and conduct targeted operations. For these operations not looking like a 20 year old combatant all decked out in combat garb but being an old and grey guy dressed in work clothes certainly has its advantages.

For us here in Canada, the situation could be much different. If the Ruskies come over the Pole with a land invasion they're gonna have to bolster their advance with strategic nukes. There is no way the US and Canadian forces will allow them to wander all over the nether regions, like in Ukraine. Btw...if they had any idea to do it, they better get at it. Canada is beginning to gear up and if Trudeau gets booted next election and a Conservative government is elected, you can guarantee military spending and recruiting is going to skyrocket up here.

My gut tells me that in such a scenario, Canada will be a very bloody battleground. The US will do everything in it's power to halt a Russian advance at or even well north of the 49th parallel. Anything less would be unacceptable I'm sure. There is also critical infrastructure here, that if captured or destroyed would bring significant hardship to not only Canada but also the US...think natural gas, oil and hydro electricity...lots of it flows south from here.

Also, in order to cross hundreds of miles of tundra and muskeg in northern Canada...the invasion would have to be in winter....BRRRR! That is, if they don't want to be locked into using the Alaska highway and two or three other main roads into the far north. I honestly don't know if it's possible for an invading force to do it...it would be a long and extremely perilous haul for the invaders.

If invaders came from the west or east coasts...again it would depend but fleeing north may be desirable as it is such a vast expanse of territory. But, not entirely hospitable. If coastal invaders wandered north it would be to secure critical infrastructure like water sources for hydro electric and oil and gas. There are no large cities or strongholds to conquer in the Canadian north. There would only be the threat of the US raining down hell from Alaska.

So, fleeing south to the US from here may be the only option. If fleeing was not an option then as others have said...throw a monkey wrench in the works. Create havoc. Hit and run if you can. What else can you do outside of organized resistance or insurgency?

For us here in Canada, the situation could be much different. If the Ruskies come over the Pole with a land invasion they're gonna have to bolster their advance with strategic nukes. There is no way the US and Canadian forces will allow them to wander all over the nether regions, like in Ukraine. Btw...if they had any idea to do it, they better get at it. Canada is beginning to gear up and if Trudeau gets booted next election and a Conservative government is elected, you can guarantee military spending and recruiting is going to skyrocket up here.

My gut tells me that in such a scenario, Canada will be a very bloody battleground. The US will do everything in it's power to halt a Russian advance at or even well north of the 49th parallel. Anything less would be unacceptable I'm sure. There is also critical infrastructure here, that if captured or destroyed would bring significant hardship to not only Canada but also the US...think natural gas, oil and hydro electricity...lots of it flows south from here.

Also, in order to cross hundreds of miles of tundra and muskeg in northern Canada...the invasion would have to be in winter....BRRRR! That is, if they don't want to be locked into using the Alaska highway and two or three other main roads into the far north. I honestly don't know if it's possible for an invading force to do it...it would be a long and extremely perilous haul for the invaders.

If invaders came from the west or east coasts...again it would depend but fleeing north may be desirable as it is such a vast expanse of territory. But, not entirely hospitable. If coastal invaders wandered north it would be to secure critical infrastructure like water sources for hydro electric and oil and gas. There are no large cities or strongholds to conquer in the Canadian north. There would only be the threat of the US raining down hell from Alaska.

So, fleeing south to the US from here may be the only option. If fleeing was not an option then as others have said...throw a monkey wrench in the works. Create havoc. Hit and run if you can. What else can you do outside of organized resistance or insurgency?
I think in any of those scenarios, you, us and OUR southern brothers would all become North Americans. And really, even if Russians, and I have to believe only Russians would be capable of attempting this enterprise, what is there to be gained? Are they going to strip our natural resources and somehow take them back to mother? Who’s gonna do that for them? Their army that just fought its way across hell, only now to be expected to not only learn how to mine, defend their new prizes AND figure out how to do it all with half a billion angry North Americans less than a little likely to want to share much less give their sh*t to some asshats? I’m ready, but I still sleep like a baby. ( up twice a night to pee or change my diaper, dreaming about boobs, lol)

Back