• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Range pickup SCORE on some reloadable brass!

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
Got off of work at eight this morning... tired and daydreaming while driving home. Took a 4-mile detour to stop by a former outdoor police range that is recently "unofficially" open to everyone because the po-po built themselves a real nice (locked fenced) new one two miles down the road and they abandoned this one.

Twenty minutes in and out and here's what I picked up:

.223 77
.270 44
.243 40
.308 16
.30-06 12
10mm 29
.45 Colt 20 (nickel Win PDX cases)
.38-Sp 86
.303 Brit 14
.45 Auto 124

I know....... "pics or it didn't happen", right? But do you really want to stare at a pic of brass on some paper towels?????

Everything I grabbed off the ground is a cartridge that I already own guns and reloading dies for with one exception: .303 British rifle brass. I passed on the thousands of .40S&W and 9mm cases cuz I could fill a swimming pool with all of it out there and I'm not hurting for that stuff. Hell, I'm not hurting for anything but it's nice to get some extra swag that I will eventually use someday, or give away, or trade for something else!

And I can easily ber-mine several hundred pounds of deformed bullets to smelt into lead for later bullet casting as well! There are tens of thousands of bullets lying out on the surface of the berm that are calling my name.

Now that I have fourteen pieces of .303 British brass I ought to just go ahead and get an Enfield, right? :lol:

Sweet! worth a short detour.

Just think of the .303 brass that will go to waste if you don't step up reclaim it. [Flags wave in the breeze as Battle Hymn of the Republic plays softly in the background]
Actually, it's your duty to our great nation [music gets just a little louder] to go out there and buy and Enfield!
I can only speak for myself but I for one would be profoundly disappointed if you failed us in this dark time in our great nation's history.

Now get out there an buy another rifle!!

(I wish someone would do this for me too. I REALLY want an Springfield 1903) :D

I may be able to help here.

There's an Enfield Mk III on the wall at my LGS. Great shape too!

Back