• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

RANGE REPORT: Handguns

Practice for CCW qualifying
6 at 3 yrds.
12 at 5 yrds.
12 at 7 yards.

Shooting Aguila Super Extra HV .22 40 gr. copper plated RN

Wife with M&P22c

Me with Sig Mosquito. Didn't get a pic of the 9mm target results but were near the same.

Quick review for the FN-FNX 45 Tactical I bought a few weeks ago, and finally found time to break in (on the property of a good friend who is looking at buying a Sig 227 Tacops, but wanted to try the FN first). The 15 round mags...who could say no to that, being red dot ready, and the fact that FN makes fine firearms, were the selling points. The threaded barrel may come in handy some day.
We shot 300 rounds of white box Winchester 230 gr. ball ammo. 0 FTFs, 0 hiccups. The recoil is very tame, but of course the FN is a good sized pistol.
At 20-25 feet with the Burris FF3, the groupings were very impressive, but they were low and to the right for both of us. Didn't have the adjustment tool handy so we just plugged away. Some reviews have mentioned the rough grip texture possibly being uncomfortable, but there was no discomfort at all. The reviewers must be sissies with soft hands (lol)
I'll have more range time next weekend, but so far I have zero complaints. This could be the perfect home defense pistol.
I'll bet that my friend will be buying one soon.

IMG_20180205_170759531~2.jpg

Back