• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Range Time

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Made it out to do a little shooting over the weekend.

I felt the need to keep my skills up so I packed up the truck and headed out to my buddies property to do some shooting on Sunday. I've been shooting a crossbow for the last two years after doing something to my shoulder that causes me much pain when I try to draw a vertical bow. I've been feeling pretty good lately so I decided to pull out the old compound and shoot a few. I turned the poundage down as far as I could, Based on the sticker on the bow this should be around 50#. Having not shot in a couple years it still felt like a LOT of weight but I was able to shoot a few rounds with it

I also shot my Barnett Raptor several times to keep in tune with it. We set targets out from 20 to 50 yards and just kept taking turns at different bags.

BowShooting_20150705_005b_zpsblftacc9.jpg

My Raptor on the left and my buddies Parker Enforcer on the right. That Enforcer has taken a fair number of deer, The Raptor only has one notch so far. :-D

BowShooting_20150705_003_zpsoyec3pq9.jpg

Raptor

BowShooting_20150705_004_zps2qiycqii.jpg

Enforcer

BowShooting_20150705_002_zpsiewxa0x5.jpg

My Hoyt XTec

BowShooting_20150705_001_zpswispydom.jpg

Video of a 40 yard shot with the Raptor:

Video of a 40 Yard shot with the Hoyt (took me three tries, I'm still a little rusty after a couple years of of not shooting a vertical bow):

Sweet. Love me range time.

Had the week off last week so I got my step mom out to shoot her pistol and then a few days later I got a private lesson in Skeet.

Nice Shooting!

Sweet. Love me range time.

Had the week off last week so I got my step mom out to shoot her pistol and then a few days later I got a private lesson in Skeet.

Nice Shooting!

Range time is good, no matter what you are shooting.

Back