• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Receiver Mounted Red Dot

Sn3aKyGuY

.30-06
Maybe you guys can help me out here. I was looking at picking up a Burris FastFire III for my 500. I like this optic because of it's small size, but I'm not really finding a way to mount it directly to the receiver. I thought I've seen pictures of a mount that contoured to the top of the receiver, but am having a hard time finding one. Has anyone ever seen this type of mount for the FastFire III? If not, what other options are available for a receiver mounted red dot?

I had my SPARC mounted on a rail, but even with the smallest mount I just don't like the height of it. That and the SPARC is going on an AR. Any help with this would be appreciated.

I know Mike Shain from AIMPRO had a solution at last years SHOT Show but I have not seen it released.

Don't know if this'd be too high for your liking, but I mounted my Sightmark MiniShot to a standard receiver rail. Line of sight is natural and it's been a great little set-up...

That still seems high to me. What I saw (or imagined I saw) was a mount about as tall as the pic base plate you have on there, but it was curved to fit the receiver and mounted with two screws via the two pre-drilled holes. It would cut the height down by almost half of what you have pictured. Maybe it's just wishful thinking and I dreamed up the whole thing, but I can't be the first person that's wanted a mount like this. Maybe I'll have to see about having one made by one of the local machine shops around here. I'm sure they'd make a killing if they started selling them.

What I had seen of the fastfire a couple years ago was that it mounted much like a receiver end plate adapter sling mount, so it mounted between the stock and receiver.

It gave the optic a very low profile right above the bore.

Yup, that's their SpeedBead mount.

Unfortunately, they make the mount to fit just about everything but Mossberg...

Back