• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

receiver mounted sling attachment

Ttutt

.270 WIN
I've seen a few around. the kind that replace the trigger group retention pin. is there any chance that this could functionally damage the receiver? for that matter, what about mag tube/barrel clamp type front sling adapters?

I only know of one company that makes the receiver mount and no it hasn’t damaged mine in many miles of use. As far as the mag tube mount I have only the finish has been damaged ant that’s because I didn’t tighten it down enough and it slid while shooting I tightened it up some more and it hasn’t moved. I think you would strip the screws before you could damage the tube and the receiver mounted sling loop is impossible to over tighten so it won’t warp the aluminum receiver

I dont have experience with receiver mount sling attachments, except for receiver end plates with attach between the receiver and stock. I have one and like it with a single point sling.

DHonovich has reviewed the button Sling I believe its called which does replace the trigger group pin. It seems plenty solid with out damaging or warping the receiver.

I usea clamp from CDM Gear, the MT (Magazine Tube) clamp. I use that one particularly because of the heavy barrel of the 590A1, but he does make clamps that attach to both the barrel and mag tube, or the BMT clamp. I would say its similar to the Mesa Tactical clamp. Any of the CDM clamps can be fitted with a picatinny rail and/or a QD push button 1 1/4" sling swivel dock. He also includes a thin piece of delrin to protect the finish of the firearm.

I'm gonna move this to the sling section and try to find the review Dan did on that sling and receiver SAP...

EDIT:

heres that link;
Button Sling Throw And Go Review

Ttutt said:
dang. I need a cheat sheet for where all the areas are.

:lol: Sorry man!

This is in the "Slings" subforum below ammunition, photo gallery, optics, and product review. Its above where the shotgun models begin! ;)

Ttutt,
Check out GGGAZ.COM they got some quality easy to install adapters.
I second Rossignol with the MESA accessories & CMD gear, Mesa is top quality & CMD gear has some similar accessories along w/a mix bag of Mesa accessories. You can Check out MountingSolutionsPlus for that, they have some really cool stuff. http://www.mountsplus.com/AR-15_Accesso ... ORIES.html

I dont think you could go wrong running that reciever pin style sling mount if your planning on running a single point. If your looking to use that point in conjunction w/a 2 point setup you might run into useability issues unless your gunna go off of a buttstock adapter to the receiver.

Back