• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recently acquired a Mossberg 835

nasa

.270 WIN
Just recently traded a couple of Penn Combo rod and reels for this 835 Ulti-Mag that was well worn. The previous owner broke the trigger assembly and replaced it. In the mean time he lost the cartridge interrupter and stop. It had shot about a case of ammo and looked well worn. The receiver had some nasty scratches and the detent ball and spring on the safety were missing.

I used Blue Wonder to re-blue the shinny metal on the barrel, magazine and fore-end pieces. I buffed out most of the scratches in the receiver and refinished with tech black Lauer DuraCoat. Added the brass mid rib sight to the 28 inch barrel as well as installing swivel studs to the walnut stock and magazine cap. Added a quick adjust padded black sling and now she is ready to sing.

I'm not sure on keeping it or selling or trading it but she is pretty as a new penny now.

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum nasa !!

We sure would like to see some pics of 'er when you get a chance...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! Thanks for saving a Mossberg that needed some serious TLC. If you get a chance to post up some pictures we would all enjoy checking out your refinished Mossberg 835. Have you got out and shot it yet?

Yep. Got a little bruise from shooting a couple of Winchester Magnum Loads of #00 buck shot. Kept a nice grouping at 30 yards. I say this with a slightly sore shoulder, do not rest your cheek on the stock and expect a little bruising.

If I keep it, I'll put a recoil reducing stock on it and invest in another barrel or two. I already have a Maverick 88 that I modified with tri-rail mount, laser, light, and an ATI top folding stock with ammo holder and an AimTech ASM-3 scope rail. Modified the ATI stock to fold up on the scope rail. Have an inexpensive U.A.G. 1x25 red/blue dot scope and a single point sling for it.

Finally someone has an 835 besides me.!! yahoo! welcome to club. i'd love to see some pics of it. we have a sub-forum just for the 835!
viewforum.php?f=15

let me know how you like it.

i put the blackhawk stock on mine, and a red dot sight, so i have no more bruising and can shoot it all day. omg i love my gun again even more now.

Back