• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Reloading = more shooting

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Digging through my patterns and thought I would take a pic of the ones I saved.
Each target represents a different load variation of my cast and reloaded 00 and slugs, these were the ones that made it home. A lot of shooting considering I shot from 10 to 20 shells per load variation…a couple 40 to 50 each.
IMG_0581.jpg

I would never be shooting this much 00/slugs if I wasn’t reloading and casting.

:shock: Holy gee wow! Those are the ones you saved! Dang, looks like fun!!!

It really has been a lot of fun. From melting the lead to pulling the trigger and everything between.

Sucks today though I really had some high hopes for a new load with HS6 powder and they weren’t even on paper at 25 yards...glad these weren’t my first attempt I would be depressed. I have about 4 solid slug loads that I am going to stick with. 00 buck is tough to settle on...probably be playing with it for a while. I won’t get as good as FC but I do as good as all the others with some loads.

Way to go, oli!!!!!

I hope our enthusiasm for reloading spurs some others to make the leap and start; even if they don't start casting, the reloading part is a great hobby!

I'm doing all my pistol/revolver, all my rifle, and all my shotgun field/trap loads. Hell, I'd reload .22 rimfire if I knew how to, just to say I tried it once! :)

Back