• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Remington 783 / 270

RobG

Hello everyone I was just wondering about buying a new Remington 783 / 270 and was wondering on how many of you feels about this particular rifle. I also own a Mossberg 500 and love it.

I'm trying to build up a collection and wanted a few rifles and shot guns I can trust.

I'm getting it for a good deal and did not want to pass it up...

Thanks so much for any feed back

A quick internet search reveals not so good things. Remington's QC has really went downhill the past few years also. Personally, it's not what I'd want in a bolt gun, unless it was damn near give away priced. But, bear in mind as I've gotten older, I've gotten much pickier when it comes to my guns.

A quick internet search reveals not so good things. Remington's QC has really went downhill the past few years also. Personally, it's not what I'd want in a bolt gun, unless it was damn near give away priced. But, bear in mind as I've gotten older, I've gotten much pickier when it comes to my guns.

I appreciate your input and I have been reviewing this firearm and I've herd a lot of good things aslo.

According to Remington there have been a lot of new improvements in the over structure for this model.

Last edited:
Not sure about this particular rifle but Remington does outsource some of their rifles to other countries like Turkey (which is very capable of make some fine guns).

Sorry that I haven't done my research for you, but I've been up working all night and I was just going to bed when I saw this thread.

I've never held a 783, but the longest review I read stated the bore was " . . .rough as a cob."

But they said it shot well, right out of ghe box.

Personally...... I'd pay more than new 783 prices for the right used 700. Pick a caliber you like. Put a good scope on it, in a set of good rings and bases, and you'll have a rifle that you know will last a lifetime.

You'll have way more money in it..... but you'll have way more rifle to show for it.

Back