• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Replacement safety screw?

I know I saw in a post somewhere on here that someone had to buy a whole box of cap screws just to get one. Anyone have a clue where that thread is at? I found it on here before I was "approved". I've got the Shockwave coming this Friday from Buds and already have the enhanced safety( plus a buttload of other goodies). I'll even send CASH to cover the screws(actually going to need two of them) and the postage...

I took my stock safety screw to Ace Hardware and with their help found a hex head machine screw. The machine screw was a bit too long so I also bought two nuts; I installed the nuts onto the screw to clean the threads after cutting, cut it to proper length using a Dremel Tool, cleaned the end lightly with a file, then removed the nuts which I had installed. FYI there is a tiny spring and ball bearing under the safety, go slow and install it somewhere that a dropped tiny part will not disappear. Good luck!

index.php

Got my Shock-Wave yesterday... I put a small piece of duct tape in the screw slot and removed it with a small flat head screw driver. Didn't damage the screw head at all. I do plan on replacing the screw soon and from what I've found online it's a 5/16x6/32 cap screw. Now another question... Did you remove the factory spacer from under the safety when you put the Pro-Mag safety on?? I've looked at a couple of u-tube videos and they don't really say anything about the spacer.The Pro-Mag has detent pits in it and the safety seems to work with the spacer removed.

Does the manufacturer of your new upgraded safety not include a replacement screw?

That surprises me.

You can get them here. LOL, it's a life time supply of 100 for 8 bucks.You may not even need them. I removed mine without too much trouble and reused it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I28WVG2/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2H0923N1P09T3&colid=AWLOT5KHO12E

BTW, I think this is the thread you are looking for:

http://mossbergowners.com/forum/ind...berg-500-safety-to-buy.403/page-9#post-240692
Just installed the factory screw and put some "Super Black" B/C on it, think I'll just leave it alone. I did take the factory spacer out from under the new safety, works fine with no bolt clearance issues.

You can get them here. LOL, it's a life time supply of 100 for 8 bucks.You may not even need them. I removed mine without too much trouble and reused it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I28WVG2/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2H0923N1P09T3&colid=AWLOT5KHO12E
Now another question... Did you remove the factory spacer from under the safety when you put the Pro-Mag safety on?? I've looked at a couple of u-tube videos and they don't really say anything about the spacer.The Pro-Mag has detent pits in it and the safety seems to work with the spacer removed.

I'm pretty sure I used the factory spacer when I installed the Promag safety. Well, 95% sure. It's been a couple of years. Yeah, I touched up the screw with the B/C super black too.

Back