• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Req help finding MMR Hunter gas block pins

Lacessit

Copper BB
I'm looking for a source for gas block pins for the MMR Hunter.

I replaced the hand guard on my hunter model with a Midwest Industries Gen2 SS series handguard to incorporate BUIS, and managed to foul up one of the gas block pins on removal. When I called Mossberg for a replacement part, I was told they are not selling parts for the MMR's.

I tried picking up a set of A2 tapered sight pins, but they are the wrong diameter. Being completely new to the sporting rifle, I'm at a loss on where to source these, and my Google-Fu is lacking.

Any help is appreciated, as this is preventing me from having an operational rifle.

oli700 said:
is it a roll pin ?
Negative. Two tapered pins secure the gas block to the barrel. The roll pin secures the gas tube to the block. I need the tapered pin.

One of the gas block pins came out very easily, but the second put up one heck of a fight, and I ended up mangling it upon removal. In retrospect, I supose I should have just cut the barrel nut off but I wanted to keep everything in tact. haha. :roll:

bummer, roll pins are easy to find..might want to just get a new gas block with set screws and be done with it

We have a contact at Mossberg that might be able to help. If they can't sell you the pins, maybe Joe can help you determine what size you need...

Joe Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

Good luck and keep us posted...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
We have a contact at Mossberg that might be able to help. If they can't sell you the pins, maybe Joe can help you determine what size you need...

Joe Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

Good luck and keep us posted...
Awesome info, Joe got in touch today stating he should be able to source the pins for me.

Thanks for the help guys!

Back