• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Restaurant customer shoots robber.

Scoop

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Reports are that the customer/shooter came to police later with his lawyer.

Police: Customer shoots, kills robber at Mexican restaurant, then returns stolen money to patrons.​

https://www.actionnews5.com/2023/01...restaurant-then-returns-stolen-money-patrons/

HOUSTON (Gray News) – A customer shot and killed a suspected robber at a Mexican restaurant in Houston late Thursday night, officials said.
According to the Houston Police Department, the shooting happened at The Ranchito #4 around 11:30 p.m.
Witnesses told police that a man in a ski mask entered the restaurant and pointed a pistol at customers, demanding their money. As the suspect collected money, one of the customers pulled out his own gun and shot the suspect multiple times, killing him, police said.

The shooter then retrieved all the stolen money from the robber and returned the money to the other customers before fleeing the scene.

Police released surveillance images of the customer they are seeking, as well as his vehicle – a 1970s or 1980s red model pickup truck with a rusted hood and no bed.

Colion Noir had a great comment.

He said (along the lines of) 'this is TEXAS, where almost everybody is carrying a gun. If you are too stupid to realize that committing armed robbery inside a restaurant where at least one person is packing, then you're stupid enough to get shot'.

I'm disappointed they are not showing the "happy ending" of the video. ;) I had not seen this news broadcast and was unaware the shooter had left the scene. Not that I have any problem with that... :) I can see why one would not want to be involved in the media circus and having to be inconvenienced for hours for just simply having a bite to eat. Plus he probably didn't want to lose his gun for months while 5-0 investigates.

I believe that any defensive shooter's info should be withheld from the public, especially the perp's family (ie: revenge killings or additional dead perps). F(u)ck FOIA...

I occasionally will drive to a local 7-11 or other convenience store after midnight. I always run the scenario of if I come upon a robbery in progress and what I would do. I certainly wouldn't charge into the store but I would park a distance away, take out the gat and mags, call 911, and start filming with the phone. I would not fire unless a gun was raised towards me.

Plastic toy or not, I think it's easy to see that everyone in the restaraunt thought it was real, and complied at the risk of deadly force being used against them by the robber.

The guy was by all intents and purposes robbed at gunpoint.

It wasn't a joke. It wasn't a trick. It was a robbery.

Toy gun, real gun, neither matters. Gunpoint.

(I saw this today, and I thought it was particularly appropriate to post it here.)

"If Violent crime is to be curbed, it is ONLY the intended vicim who can do it. The Felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore, what he must be taught, is to Fear his Victim." - Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper USMC

Back