• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

RIFLE: Holographic/Red Dot Sight Options

"I don't know anything about the magnifiers though. I just can't bring myself to spend that much on a compact magnifier."

John A. The magnifiers are very good. I have both the older Gen 1 and the newer G33. Both are great. You can pick up the Gen 1 for a fraction of what the G33 runs.

A lot of people swear by some of the other more common magnifiers. If I had to choose I would spend more on the sight and save on the magnifier.

Joe

I could never justify the $$$$ for eotech I'm sure they have great products but for the cash it should come with a little nome that carries my gun for me Sweet set up tho

I could never justify the $$$$ for eotech I'm sure they have great products but for the cash it should come with a little nome that carries my gun for me Sweet set up tho

The older models came with those.

Had to cut mine loose though, it was getting too expensive to feed 'em...

Sorry I have not posted back yet. I moved to a new place and was waiting on the internet to get switched over. Also still living out of boxes lol but finally got the digital camera unpacked and uploaded these. The red dot arrived just before I moved and so I've not had a chance yet to actually go shoot/sight it in. At least it looks pretty damned good on the gun and at a significant fraction of what the real micro aimpoints go for.

Picture015_zpse1f3f08f.jpg

Really digging the killflash. Its a nice touch. The mount seems solid enough. Again time will tell once I've had some downrange with it but so far its looking like I'll be very happy with this arrangement.

Last edited:
I run a cheap CP tactical on my SPX. I've had this gun 5 or six years. This gun shoot very true. I've shot out to 150 or 200 yards, but routinely shot close at the indoor range. It can halo your target is my only gripe. It is 34 mm. Red/green dot. I've never even had to change the battery in this sight despite forgetting it on for a week once or twice. I like cheap quick acquiring sights. Especially on a 30-30.20190627_191253.jpg 20190917_231550.jpg

Last edited:
I run a cheap CP tactical on my SPX. I've had this gun 5 or six years. This gun shoot very true. I've shot out to 150 or 200 yards, but routinely shot close at the indoor range. It can halo your target is my only gripe. It is 34 mm. Red/green dot. I've never even had to change the battery in this sight despite forgetting it on for a week once or twice. I like cheap quick acquiring sights. Especially on a 30-30.View attachment 21687 View attachment 21688

Left my sight on for two weeks! I was forced to change it for the first time in 6 or 7 years!

New to the collection. Not a mossy though. Had to build this one. Mostly Bushmaster, but way more expensive sight this time.

Last edited:
Back