• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Rifle/Shotgun Recommendations and Advice...

What would y'all suggest for hypothetically an older woman who would say a gallon of milk is heavy. I'm not talking handguns because hypothetically she would have a hard time either manipulating a slide or loading a cylinder so I'm hypothetically thinking of something that would require fewer fine motor skills and not real heavy recoiling.

Does anyone have any experience with hypotheticals of this nature?

Maybe a .410 single shot? A little weight but in a more compact package... I wonder if something like that could work?

What would y'all suggest for hypothetically an older woman who would say a gallon of milk is heavy. I'm not talking handguns because hypothetically she would have a hard time either manipulating a slide or loading a cylinder so I'm hypothetically thinking of something that would require fewer fine motor skills and not real heavy recoiling.

Does anyone have any experience with hypotheticals of this nature?

Maybe a .410 single shot? A little weight but in a more compact package... I wonder if something like that could work?

Ruger 10/22. High volume of firepower, light, low recoil and easily manipulated by the not so dexterous (esp with an extended mag/bolt release)

Not a bad idea but in this hypothetical, the person wouldn't have the manual dexterity to load the relatively small bullet into the magazine. We're in need of a much simpler manual of arms with fewer steps and could be used at closer distances.

I know you said no pistols, but I would check out the Sig P238.

The slide is very easy to manipulate and it's a very soft shooter. Both are because it's a locked breach design, where most pocket .380s are blow back.

Back