• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Rifled barrel

nasa

.270 WIN
We went to the Gun Show yesterday with me on a mission for a rifled barrel for the 835. Searching through the whole show down to the net to the last row of vendors and the next to the last vendor a sweet much older couple than I, that had a huge inventory of shotgun barrels.

He happened to have two of them, one with the cantilever scope mount and the other with rifle sights.The cantilever was new with a healthy new price but the rifle sight was used and the bluing is worn away where a type of sling strap had been in play for some time.

I went ahead on the used one, could have most likely bartered but I didn't, still he gave me a good deal, he was happy and his wife seemed pleased as well. Mine was just glad that I didn't spend more.

By the time she is up tomorrow, I should have it re-blued, swapped out and sighted in with the scope.

Maybe I will get a chance fire off some sabots before I have to go back to work

When I sight it in this time, I have some targets set up and I will try to take some pictures, just depending on how many honey-dos I have to finish in the mean time.

Updates Later.

Re-blued the barrel, and cut down the Choate mag extension. Now it is just barely a 9+1 but with a rifled barrel. Tomorrow I'll bore sight the laser and scope then test it out back on the range. I think I love it and I know my better half likes it too. She is grilling some rib-eyes and making me some twice baked potatoes so I know she isn't too upset with me. :D :D

Thanks,

Went ahead and ordered the Williams Fire Sight set of fiber sights for the rifled barrel today. I think I'll put fiber sights on my vented rib barrels as well.

The rifled barrel looked like it was cammo from all the places the bluing was gone. Blue Wonder sure made it look a lot better. Took about 45 minutes to clean and blue it. About the same reworking the Choate extension.

Back