• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Rimfire Rifle Pics and Discussion (non-Mossberg)

My first .22lr, surprising since I have acquired a bunch of other calibers first.

Winchester model 190 tube mag semi auto. Holds 14+1. My guess was this leaned in the corner of someone's garage and shot pests. The barrel has some rust, the rear sight is smashed and missing the elevator, the front sight is chipped, and when I acquired it the barrel was loose. That being said, the bore was nice and bright and didn't look damaged. Even with the barrel loose, it still shot 5 rounds and cycled.

Tightened the barrel nut, cleaned it out, and have a new factory rear sight and a Lyman front sight on their way from Numrich.

Bought it at a yard sale with those issues for $40. Sights were around $24 shipped, more than half the price of the gun lol. Hopefully it will be a good little beater/plinker. I was thinking about flipping it but I like how it handles and feels and shoots. Also, everyone needs a .22lr so I guess it stays. Also, it is my first Winchester.

Attachments

• DSC07630.jpg
    DSC07630.jpg
    751.6 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC07631.jpg
    DSC07631.jpg
    694.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
thanks guys, I can't wait til that box from Numrich shows up so I can go sight her in. I also found out it will hold 16+1. Now I am wishing I had picked up a couple bricks when I had the opportunity...oh well. edit: in case anyone cares it has a 19-1/4" barrel, it is sort of a bull barrel, 5/8" diameter. It is probably just to allow all of the dovetail cuts (3) in the barrel alone.

Last edited:
Nice, that's actually some nice grain in the pink stock.

Picked up the new Ruger Tactical .22. This thing is awesome! Sorry for the poor cellphone pics. Put a Burris fast fire 2 on it for now.
dahy7y3a.jpg

use6evuh.jpg

uhu9aze8.jpg

50th anniversary on the Bolt. About 34.5" over all length. It'll be perfect for the kids.

For plain jane ruggedness and simplicity (and price) the 60 is tough to beat. I love my 10/22 and own both... but I certainly don't hold my nose up to the Marlin. The microgroove barrel and .22LR were a match made in heaven!

I've never had an opportunity to fire any of my guns prior to purchase. There are two places in town that have their own range and will rent range models to try out, but you can't fire the weapon you're buying until after the purchase is complete. The rest of the shops around here don't even have that option. It's great that you're able to do that oli, but many of us have never had that option...

The shop is a 1/4 mile from my house were not allowed to fire our guns within city limits :( I have a range 5 minutes from me but hand gun only

I've never had an opportunity to fire any of my guns prior to purchase. There are two places in town that have their own range and will rent range models to try out, but you can't fire the weapon you're buying until after the purchase is complete. The rest of the shops around here don't even have that option. It's great that you're able to do that oli, but many of us have never had that option...
say what? I have never shot a gun before I bought it either

Ah, so you just head to the range from the store then.

...you'll have to excuse me, I'm a little slow... :confused:

Back