• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ruger announces no more firearm sales to Kalifornia

Might as well hang a "No guns allowed" sign on every land, air, and sea access going into CA. :roll:

I don't think the Republic of Kalifornistan Central Government will care one bit about this. In fact I think this is all part of the plan. I'm sure the anti gunners are dancing in the streets there. Once semi auto's are gone they can go back one more design generation and get rid of lever actions and revolvers too. Once the guns are gone the looney's in charge there can hold hands and sing kumbayah while watching the state's final destruction.

carbinemike said:
Once the guns are gone the looney's in charge there can hold hands and sing kumbayah while watching the state's final destruction.

I'll make popcorn... you bring the 6 pack! I'll get cable TV just to watch it ;)

But I think you're correct... and this goes along with every other state that's implementing absolutely ridiculous gun laws...

It's great that the manufactures are moving out and stopping business, but I don't think the leftist Politian's in those states care. What it hopefully will effect, are the gun owners (and fence sitters) at the polls... hopefully they remember the actions such as Ruger and Magpul have taken, and either vote out the bobble heads or pick up and move to states that have common sense...

It's not just the manufacturers responsibility to make the leftist states politicians care.

It is just as much or more our individual responsibility for such.

Plus, there are already probably close to a half dozen manufacturers already boycotting them and have been for several years now.

Barrett, Olympic Arms, not sure if Glock still is, but they were talking about it a few years ago.

And you can look on any legitimate firearm auction site (auction arms off the top of my head) and you'll find literally thousands upon thousands of ads that clearly state that they won't ship to California.

Yes. It's sad for anyone behind the lines. But until they stand up and do something about it, will not change.

Kalifornistan wins, it is what they want. And before you grab popcorn, AK, remember their motto--"as California goes so goes the Nation". I know you meant it sarcastically but this is truly a sad day. First the semi's, then revolvers, then long guns. I would applaud them if the said they were ceasing all sales to PD's, Sheriffs and such but denying civilians access to deplorable.

I know that they are up against stiff rules in K-stan but what if other companies follow? Then K-satn can say "See! We are the way of the future!". Feinstein, Boxer and that ditz Pelosi will jump up and down proclaiming they are the way to follow.

K-stan on the left coast, NY and Conn on the east putting pressure on their neighbors may result in a domino effect.

I know this is a doom and gloom scenario but it is entirely possible given today's climate... :cry: :? :x

wonder what the gun owners think, you know there are a lot fed up but never really hear anything like Colorado did ......

Last year when I was reading about the different states 2A rallies California had "hundreds" attend......that sucks big time for a state with a population that is over 38,000,000

Oregon had a confirmed 3000+ in attendance , our population is 3,900,000

OhioArcher said:
Kalifornistan wins, it is what they want. And before you grab popcorn, AK, remember their motto--"as California goes so goes the Nation". I know you meant it sarcastically but this is truly a sad day. First the semi's, then revolvers, then long guns. I would applaud them if the said they were ceasing all sales to PD's, Sheriffs and such but denying civilians access to deplorable.

I know that they are up against stiff rules in K-stan but what if other companies follow? Then K-satn can say "See! We are the way of the future!". Feinstein, Boxer and that ditz Pelosi will jump up and down proclaiming they are the way to follow.

K-stan on the left coast, NY and Conn on the east putting pressure on their neighbors may result in a domino effect.

I know this is a doom and gloom scenario but it is entirely possible given today's climate... :cry: :? :x

Should've explained more... what I meant by my popcorn comment...

When criminals, gangs and the cartel overrun the state... crime and murder rates are up, and police dept can't keep up... they will see that their ass-nine laws have done nothing in the way of protecting the populace

(NOW... I know the politicians such as Feinstein and Pelosi are aware of this very fact, and the disarment of their "subjects" is the final goal... but hopefully some of the sheep that make up CA population will understand that very fact and MAYBE open up there eyes... doubtful :? )

OhioArcher said:
but denying civilians access to deplorable.

I suspect that there will be MANY who will adopt the same policy by default. They have made it so virtually no firearm manufacturer can import new firearms.

http://www.infowars.com/effective-immed ... ification/

Also, when I had my FFL's, I refused to transfer a firearm to California. Especially after they required each transfer (which coincidentally were always done between federally licensed firearm dealers) to have a papertrail with their department of justice.

In short, I would've had to hire a person just to keep up and do transfers to California gun dealers. Which was not an option for me. Here's some of the particulars of that.

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms

I do not find it deplorable that a firearm manufacturer cannot meet their requirement to sell them guns. What is deplorable is that their state reps and governor have done it. What's even more deplorable is their states citizens are doing nothing significant about it.

The question now is Ruger going to drop those silly magazine safeties from their handguns? That's the worst "improvement" ever on the Mk3.

aksavanaman said:
Should've explained more... what I meant by my popcorn comment...

When criminals, gangs and the cartel overrun the state... crime and murder rates are up, and police dept can't keep up... they will see that their ass-nine laws have done nothing in the way of protecting the populace

(NOW... I know the politicians such as Feinstein and Pelosi are aware of this very fact, and the disarment of their "subjects" is the final goal... but hopefully some of the sheep that make up CA population will understand that very fact and MAYBE open up there eyes... doubtful :? )

Wasn't trying to bust your balls, AK. Your point is well taken. I meant to mention the peril K-stan is putting their residents in by their laws. Gangs like the Crips and Bloods, HA and the Vagos will always have access to weapons. Cutting off residents is one way to decrease a state's population.

I wish I could devise a politician-only strain of influenza. Introduce it in certain states and let it run its course. Alas, I'm a mechanic not a microbiologist...

John, I understand your position as well. You guys who have been FFLs see more of the paperwork nightmare than the rest of us. It is unfortunate that it comes to that. I'm currently looking for a new line of work...tired of working on other's bikes. Maybe I need to look into providing for those who have been cut off... ;)

John A. said:
What's even more deplorable is their states citizens are doing nothing significant about it.

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety - Ben Franklin

Simple words. So true.

I quoted that today at lunch...One of my coworkers said he is fine with the NSA doing what it is doing (he is a former Marine with 2 tours in Iraq). That is when I mentioned Ben's quote. I also told him when the SHTF not to call me because I will be busy protecting my own. He doesn't own a firearm (due to his experiences which I respect) and doesn't think I should either (which I don't respect).

I respect that the manufacturers are trying to take a stand but cutting sales to the area seems like exactly what the legislators in CA want. It seems to me that the message received by these legislators is that they have won.

Despite how many people are PO'd because of this they still can't seem to vote these un-American, constitution hating politicians out of office.

MikeD said:
I respect that the manufacturers are trying to take a stand but cutting sales to the area seems like exactly what the legislators in CA want. It seems to me that the message received by these legislators is that they have won.

Despite how many people are PO'd because of this they still can't seem to vote these un-American, constitution hating politicians out of office.

^THIS

MikeD said:

oli700 said:
Last year when I was reading about the different states 2A rallies California had "hundreds" attend......that sucks big time for a state with a population that is over 38,000,000

I think Oli's earlier post reflects why Kali is in the condition that they are in and can't seem to vote them out. While NY and CT have been hammered with bad laws as of late they are at lease fighting for their rights. Kali seems to just take it. If I'm wrong, some one from there can feel free to point out where.

Sure they are just taking it. They are the LEFT Coast...swallowing anything the pinheads in Congress throw at them...

This story is all over gun websites but I'm not finding it anywhere else. Ruger has no mention of it on their site where they would announce things like this. I googled different words for it but am not coming up with any news articles. Even some anti gun websites I checked don't mention it. Maybe it's not official yet?

The problem with all the lib politicians and our inability to vote them out is that they have rigged (gerimandered) the state voting districts so that lib democrats are essentially set for life. getting a republication elected in a democratic district is nearly impossible. Dem now control all 3 house of state government and probably will for sometime to come

thus we get the new long gun registry and few choices as to what we can buy.

I think we are not able to get Glock Gen 4 anything without mag lock gizmo on it like the bullet button.

I love California but its getting more difficult to live here. Montana is looking better every year

According to the article below, Ruger did indeed quit CA and now Smith and Wesson is joining them:

On January 22nd renowned gun maker Smith & Wesson joined Sturm, Ruger, & Co., by announcing it would cease California sales of its semi-automatic pistols due to microstamping requirements that went into effect last year.

Ruger made the same announcement earlier this month.

Microstamping is a requirement that each firearm be fitted with a special firing pin that leaves a fingerprint on a bullet casing which differs from the fingerprint of every other firearm. In other words--every one of the wildly popular Smith & Wesson M&P .45 semi-automatic handguns would have to be manufactured in such a way so that no two of them left the same mark on a shell casing.

The cost of doing this would be incredibly high to manufacturers, and would be a cost they would have to pass on to consumers in higher prices.

Moreover, the result of doing this would be yet another gun registry--every gun sold that met microstamping requirements would have be to registered so that the government knew who owned the gun that left that fingerprint.

On top of these things, micropstamping doesn't even work--and least not all the time. There are proven problems with the durability of microstamps on firing pins.

So The Washington Times reports that Smith & Wesson is just going to stop selling guns in CA for which microstamping is required.

Smith & Wesson president and CEO James Debney said his company "will continue to work with the NRA and the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) to oppose this poorly conceived law which mandates the unproven and unreliable concept of microstamping and makes it impossible for Californians to have access to the best products with the latest innovations."

Back