• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ruger

Great little pistol!. All you need to do to legally make it a rifle is add a stock and a new barrel. Then you have the best of both worlds. IF you can find ammo for it.

I've wanted one for a long time, when they were unavailable. Now...I'm pretty happy with my TC. Though a Charger, utilizing the same mags as a 10/22 has some serious SHTF qualities (assuming you have ammo)

It's still on my list. I'm not actively looking any more but if one managed to fall in front of me..

To answer a couple comments . .
I already have 3 10/22 rifles, and they're some of my favorite 22 semi's. I have one with the hammer forged heavy barrel, and another with a thin profile stainless barrel. The Charger is the compliment to the set.

As for ammo, I have somewhere around 10,000-12,000 rounds in storage still. Just about every brand and bullet weight you can imagine. I have a bunch of 22 shorts that I hand feed when I want to do some light plinking without alarming the neighbors. I also have around 5,000 rounds of 22 magnum for my other magnum 22 rifles and pistols.

Wow. I'd be happy just to have 500 of .22 mag. ,that would probably last me the rest of my life. I saw three box's at gander mountain today, behind the gun counter. But then I noticed the sign saying to take a number an wait till an associate could get to me. Decided it wasn't worth it just to ask the price.

Took the wife to the LGS today, since she wanted buy a small revolver. Her first time buying a gun (I've always done it), so she had to fill out the paperwork. She picked out a Ruger .22mag LCR. Also a couple boxes of Hornady .45gr Critical Defense for it. $419 for the gun $15/box for the ammo. I stayed outside shooting the breeze with a couple guys till she walked out with a big grin, waving the bag around. :D

5414.jpg

http://www.ruger.com/products/lcr/specSheets/5414.html

Nice little shooter there.

Took the wife to the LGS today, since she wanted buy a small revolver. Her first time buying a gun (I've always done it), so she had to fill out the paperwork. She picked out a Ruger .22mag LCR. Also a couple boxes of Hornady .45gr Critical Defense for it. $419 for the gun $15/box for the ammo. I stayed outside shooting the breeze with a couple guys till she walked out with a big grin, waving the bag around. :D

Congrats MRS.Gunny.

Very nice Gunny. You'll have to let us know how it shoots for her.

Have you had a striker fired pistol yet gunny ?

should be a good piece for ya

you inspired me to go count my Ruger stash....13 Rugers. A No1,M77,P90,Mini14,mk2,sr22 a Super Blackhawk and the rest regular Blackhawks

Just love them, family did to as some are inherited

Have you had a striker fired pistol yet gunny ?

should be a good piece for ya

you inspired me to go count my Ruger stash....13 Rugers. A No1,M77,P90,Mini14,mk2,sr22 a Super Blackhawk and the rest regular Blackhawks

Just love them, family did to as some are inherited

Yes, but have only owned the SR22, until now. Tried it out this afternoon. I'm gonna have get one of Rugers mag loaders ;). But, IIIIIII LIKE IT!!

Back