• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ruger

Re: Any Ruger fans out there?

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm still waiting on one to show up locally...

What? No 22 LR pistols?! Surely I'm not the only one with a bull barrel MKI, II or III!

IMG_0061.jpg

:shock: :eek: :shock: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Daddy likes Blackhawks!!!!!!! :shock: :eek: :shock:

Show me some pics please!

My condolences on the camera... :lol: Looks like it was a fun ride at least.

I hear it’s a nice addition, what do you have on it now ?

got ya, I like the 4X but its hard to aquire targets fast. On the other hand I have been suprised with the reach of this pistol with the 4X

oli700 said:
got ya, I like the 4X but its hard to aquire targets fast. On the other hand I have been suprised with the reach of this pistol with the 4X

The accuracy out at 100yds of the right 22 lr round in a Ruger MK is beyond any of our skills. Even with a rest. I wish there were combat competitions in 22 lr so I could afford to compete. That would be a hoot. But I don't have the scratch for the thousands of rounds of 9mm or 45 cal it would take.

As promised. The 45 on top actually has the Super Blackhawk frame from the 44 on the bottom for now
IMG_0217.jpg

Single Six’s
IMG_0223.jpg

Old Army 44
IMG_0219.jpg

My one and only Ruger...sold two Rugers ( P85DC and a Security Six...both bought used for $200 apiece ) to purchase this one...I think it was a good deal back in 2005...and since it's an original Vaquero (1993-2005), it has the larger, stronger frame. It handles the hottest magnum loads with ease and is a real sweetheart with wadcutters.

RUGER BISLEY VAQUERO ( .357 Magnum ) 5.5" barrel in bright stainless steel

357RUGERVAQUERO.jpg

Wow, all these cowboy guns! I need to get some pics of my Pop's six shooters. I know there's a New Model Single Six in the mix somewhere...

Ruger Mark III Red Dot

I got the .22 Ruger Mark III I wanted to use for the bullseye league that operates in my gun club this past weekend. Given that this is to be used mostly as a compitition gun, I am interested in putting a red dot sight on it.

10101.jpg

Honestly, I don't want to spend a large amount of money on one, so a moderately priced choice would be what I am looking for. Your opinions while I search are always welcome.

Re: Ruger Mark III Red Dot

Well, you kind of get what you pay for, but that being said, even paintball red dots tend to hold up for a suprisingly long time with the low recoil of a Mark III. A UAG Tactical "CQB" is under $40 and will certainly give you some good service. I know guys who've spent up to $120 who didn't feel they get much more than the UAG they replaced gave them. You can spend less, but I wouldn't.

A great one like the ultra dot Match dot is over $200. There is no comparison between the two. It's Kia vs. Mercedes AMG, so for what you get the Ultra Dot is a bargain, but if you aren't dead serious, it's probably not worth it.

Some of the combat competitions, which have nothing to do with your or my Mark IIIs, are now letting unmagnified optics compete head to head with iron sights.

nice piece man, a burris fastfire would be sweet on that but something to think about is the moa dot size. I would suggest a Primary Arms like I have but I think the moa is too big for presision rim fire work, I think the Burris is one size saller.Its hard to get a nice fine clear dot for cheap. I have a 4x scope on my government target MKII. It has super fine cross hairs and works great, I prefer a small dot for anything other than a shotgun…Just my .02

The match dot is only $30 or so more than the Burris, and has an adjustable MOA of 2, 4, 6, or 8. It's the bomb. But I thought he'd be more interested in the $40 option by his description.

I am torn for this one. On my normal day I would spend good money for quality, but for some reason I am wrestling with this one. I guess if this would mount onto something else I am bound to buy later if bullseye isn't my speed it shouldn't matter. Keep filing me with what you have learned and would buy on a budget and beyond.

As always thanks for sharing your experience.

Back