• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ruger

Re: Any Ruger fans out there?

My only Ruger...

The LCP is one pistol that I love to CARRY, but absolutely HATE to SHOOT. I thought I would need a hand transplant before I got through enough rounds to feel like I had it properly broken in. All that said, it is flawless in function. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside but it is reliable and serves its purpose as a pocket pistol.

My wife has commandeered it recently. I took her Bersa CC out for some range time and gave her the LCP to carry for the day. BIG MISTAKE! Now she won't give it back cause she loves that she can't feel any extra weight in her purse. I personally think I could put a bowling ball in there and she would't notice... :lol:

I've got 4 Rugers. Three 4 5/8s Vawqqueros in .45 Colt (was big into CAS at one time) and a Ruger .22 Auto I bought while stationed in Germany.
I had a Mini 14 at one time, it wouldn't shoot minute of Coyote so I traded it.
Also had a Blackhawk 7 1/2" .45 Convertible. Can't remember why I parted with that one.

i was looking at a nice OD green and black Ruger SR9 that i may pick up the price we right and i would like another handgun

I saw that OD model in my local shop yesterday. Looks nice and they're reasonably piced too.

All I can say is, 'I shoulda bought TWO!' because I'll never get this one back from the wife :lol:

My SR9 in olive drab/black with a couple of Fobus holsters & Viridian laser.

011.jpg

001-2.jpg

My wifes single six along with the holster I made for her birthday.

002-13.jpg

004-14.jpg

I was also looking into a Ruger SR9 but I heard they had problems with peening the barrel ??? I really like the SR9, its in my list of I would like to own pistols...

redneck hunter said:
this is my ruger deerfield 44mag semi auto,ive also have mark2 sporter 30-06 with a hardwood laminate stock.opps my bad,i just read it said handguns

Ya I posted up my rifles after you and realized it was Pistol.. :?

That is one sweet 44mag, I love the 44mag round out of a rifle. I've been shooting my Marlin 1894 44mag alot lately and they are fun shooters. Would love to have that Ruger 44mag but they are hard to come by. I found a used one for about $650 and it wasn't in very good shape.

GP100 I love my wheelgun, and its custom leather!!
CUSTOMGP100HOLSTER.jpg

Very nice!

I think the GP100 is gonna be my next Ruger purchase...

mister_e said:
Here's the latest in the family, Ruger LC9

IMG_7183.jpg

All I can say is, 'I shoulda bought TWO!' because I'll never get this one back from the wife :lol:
I'm seriously looking at the LC9 as my next purchase. I've still got to break-in my 590A1 before I do that though. I'm more of a S&W guy but I need a single stack 9mm for summer CCW. I'm a little concerned over all the safety stuff because my S&W M&P 9 and 9c and 640-1 .357 have only one safety and it's called don't squeeze the trigger unless I want to shoot the gun. :lol:

At first, I was looking at the LCP or the S&W Bodyguard 380 semi-auto's but decided I wanted more fire power ... enter the LC9. I'm assuming you like the gun, mister_e?

catnphx said:
I'm seriously looking at the LC9 as my next purchase. I've still got to break-in my 590A1 before I do that though. I'm more of a S&W guy but I need a single stack 9mm for summer CCW. I'm a little concerned over all the safety stuff because my S&W M&P 9 and 9c and 640-1 .357 have only one safety and it's called don't squeeze the trigger unless I want to shoot the gun. :lol:

At first, I was looking at the LCP or the S&W Bodyguard 380 semi-auto's but decided I wanted more fire power ... enter the LC9. I'm assuming you like the gun, mister_e?

I do love it. I just never get a chance to shoot it, 'cuz I can't seem to pry it out of my wife's mitts :lol:

It is definitely worth the price, especially over an LCP. But I'll still carry the LCP, that way I can keep trying to convince her that it is 'so much better than the LC9', and that she should trade with me :lol:

For a back-up or CCW, it is an ideal piece ;)

RippSpeed said:
I was also looking into a Ruger SR9 but I heard they had problems with peening the barrel ??? I really like the SR9, its in my list of I would like to own pistols...

I've got over 2,500 rounds through mine with no problems of any kind. I've never even had a FTF, jam, or any problems at all. I think the peening problem is pretty rare. In my opinion, it's one of the best pistols out there for the money. :D

mister_e said:
I do love it. I just never get a chance to shoot it, 'cuz I can't seem to pry it out of my wife's mitts :lol:

It is definitely worth the price, especially over an LCP. But I'll still carry the LCP, that way I can keep trying to convince her that it is 'so much better than the LC9', and that she should trade with me :lol:

For a back-up or CCW, it is an ideal piece ;)

My wife and I went to the range today and shot our M&P 9 and 9c and S&W 640-1 .357 plus I shot the 590A1 for the first time today (more on that later because I've got to take my daughter on a college campus visit in a couple of hours and won't be back until Saturday). Anyway, a couple next to us had an LC9 and they love it. They've put 400+ rounds through it with no jams or problems. At some point I'll put my hands on one and start looking for a decent price. They did state they've had a hard time finding another magazine because it only comes with one ... that has been an issue for them.

Anyway, unless I find something else, I'll probably go the LC9 route. Thanks

I'm gonna buy the LC9 first chance I get just to spite all the people that condemn them as nothing more than KelTec copies. Sure they borrowed the general design, but have you seen the KelTecs? The P3AT and the PF9 are BUTT UGLY! Besides, borrowing ideas and design is nothing new in the firearms industry. These same critics probably view all non-Colt 1911s and non-S&W revolvers as cheap knock offs.

Ruger took a good idea and gave it better streamlining, finishing, and then marketed it to the masses. I'd bet money that there are a TON of folks who never even knew KelTec existed prior to Rugers release of the LCP. Can't wait to get my paws on an LC9.

Oh and mister_e, my wife stole my LCP so I can definitely relate...

catnphx said:
At some point I'll put my hands on one and start looking for a decent price. They did state they've had a hard time finding another magazine because it only comes with one ... that has been an issue for them.

Anyway, unless I find something else, I'll probably go the LC9 route. Thanks

I was actually able to find the magazines before I found the pistol :lol:

Locally, they (the pistols) are pretty hard to come by, as most shops have a waiting list and a half. :roll:

But prices around here (Pacific NW) have run around $459-469 avg., with a high around $499.

You might also try getting one through GunBroker, Bud's Guns, or Cabela's. And have it transferred to a local FFL. Just a thought ;)

Good luck, and congrats and good luck to your daughter at college.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
..Oh and mister_e, my wife stole my LCP so I can definitely relate...

:lol: yep, been there, and I'm still there :lol:

I don't get it either, 'cuz her collection is as big, and possibly more expensive and better than some of mine :cry:

I have an SR9c that I love. Great shooter and a very nice trigger. I've been thinking about the LC9 for CC now that warm weather is here. Seems like the ergonomics and sight picture are so similar that it'd be a very easy transition between the two.

Back