• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SA-20 tactical pistol grip

Jk1179

Copper BB
Just bought a SA-20 tactical. I went ahead and settled for the non pistol grip stock because I was having a hard time finding one with thinking I could add one down the road. Looks like I may regret my decision. I contacted Mossberg about getting the grip stock and got somewhat of an abrupt "good luck". Does anyone know of an aftermarket option, or am I out of luck?

Thanks for the info and the welcome. The only thing that bothers me about that, is that it states it fits most 20 gauge PUMP action. Not sure it will work on semi autos. I plan on calling or emailing them to find out. Will keep everyone posted.

Sorry to say, but the stock in the above link won't work.

The SA-20 uses a buffer tube that is housed in the stock. As I understand it these models are imported into the states by Mossberg, so the aftermarket options are rather limited. We've got a friend of the forum at Mossberg that will be able to provide you with the best information possible as far as your options. Send him an e-mail with your questions and he'll be able to help you out...

Joe Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

Still not having to much luck. If anyone knows of someone what wants to trade out let me know. Looks like that may be my only option.

Hmm,

If memory serves, I think these are imported from Turkey and are 99% the same shotgun as the Weatherby model SA459. Guess it would make sense that they wouldn't have extra stocks, etc. if they're importing these shotguns. You might try widening your search to include stocks for the Weatherby SA459...

Ordered a stock todayand it will take 2-3 weeks to get in. Hopefully it works. Will let you know. Thanks for the help

jk1179... I'm in a similar situation as you...I wanted the SA-20 tactical but could only find the field model. I was hoping I could just buy a 20" barrel like other models but I guess that's not possible. Let me know if the stock works out for you as I would like to change this to a pistol grip. Thanks.

also same situation for pistol grip or stock with pistol grip for the SA-20. Anybody have any luck??? Thanks

,,,,the only spare parts i've heard of are coming through mossberg and i heard they are back ordered.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Sorry to say, but the stock in the above link won't work.

The SA-20 uses a buffer tube that is housed in the stock. As I understand it these models are imported into the states by Mossberg, so the aftermarket options are rather limited. We've got a friend of the forum at Mossberg that will be able to provide you with the best information possible as far as your options. Send him an e-mail with your questions and he'll be able to help you out...

Joe Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

Not sure where you got that from, but there is no buffer tube in the stock. See attached pic.

I've got mine off now, going to the store to see if I can modify anything cool to replace mine. If there's nothing close, then I'll start looking into molding one from scratch.

20131015_222659.jpg

Gotcha, thanks for the correction.

I don't know why I thought they used a similar recoil system to the 930...

Where you ever able to get something rigged up to add a shorter or adjustable stock to you SA-20?

I'll respond to your necropost ;) --I would assume they never found a PG tac stock.

To answer your question, I looked for a tac stock for my Thug just to have. About the only real way to get one would be to buy the tac version gun--they were not available separately from Mossberg. No one makes them aftermarket as they are/were not the most popular gun so it would not be economically feasible to tool up to make one. Keep in mind these guns are imported from Turkey. One option I think you could try is to find a Weatherby SA-08 or SA-459 (below) because they look quite similar, are Turkish and some came in 20ga. But I don't think the aftermarket makes them for the Weatherby either...

BTW, Welcome Aboard! :)

SA-08Compact.jpg SA-459Turkey.jpg

SORRY but I'll kit the hornets nest. PISTOL GRIPS ONLY BELONG ON AR'S AND AK'S NOT PUMP SHOTGUNS. Pistol grips and pump Shotgun are STUPID!! And yes I put a pistol grip on my 590A1 military and after manipulating the slide release and 20 seconds I released this was stupid and went back to the factory stock. I also have a 930 SPX with the traditional stock. BUY THE GUN YOU WANT/NEED not a gun and attempt to to make it what you want it to be. That is like all these A-hats that but a Kawasaki and do everything they can to make it look like and sound like a Harley or people that buy and SKS and try to make it into an AK variant. Massive face palm! :brick:

SORRY but I'll kit the hornets nest. PISTOL GRIPS ONLY BELONG ON AR'S AND AK'S NOT PUMP SHOTGUNS. Pistol grips and pump Shotgun are STUPID!! And yes I put a pistol grip on my 590A1 military and after manipulating the slide release and 20 seconds I released this was stupid and went back to the factory stock. I also have a 930 SPX with the traditional stock. BUY THE GUN YOU WANT/NEED not a gun and attempt to to make it what you want it to be. That is like all these A-hats that but a Kawasaki and do everything they can to make it look like and sound like a Harley or people that buy and SKS and try to make it into an AK variant. Massive face palm! :brick:
I must apologize for this post,I did this after extremely hard day at work and a lot of alcohol consumed!! Please accept my apology for my ignorant and stupid post and my lack of knowledge on the issue of the post!! I regret what I said with my two thumbs and will attempt to never do so again. MASSIVE GAVE PALM !!!!

Back