• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Saddle Mount

I am looking at putting an eotech on a remington 870. The receiver is not drilled and tapped. I am curious if the saddle mounts will hold up to 3" slugs or should I just have a gunsmith drill the receiver?

I believe Mesa tactical makes a saddle that includes a picitinny rail all in one unit that uses the trigger pins for mounting, kind of pricey but quality. Iam not 100% sure since its a 870.

KentuckyWindage said:
I believe Mesa tactical makes a saddle that includes a picitinny rail all in one unit that uses the trigger pins for mounting, kind of pricey but quality. Iam not 100% sure since its a 870.
Thats what I am looking for a saddle with a rail. Price is fine as long as its quality. Its my only shotgun thats not drilled and tapped and its my slug gun go figure.

KentuckyWindage said:

Yup! You are correct about the Mesa. They have several models for the 870, infact, more available for the 870 than for Mossbergs. Their mounting platforms were designed to provide for everything from optics such as red dots and reflexes to same plane BUIS.

If you go to Mesas site, you can download a catalogue. I would have zero problem trusting Mesa's quality.

There are others out there, but names escape me right now...

Heres the link to Mesa;
Mesa Tactical

There is an icon on the right side near the top you can click on to download the full catalogue. The saddle rails without shell carriers are on page 20. They are made from 5" to 20" and start at $85 MSRP.

Rossignol said:
KentuckyWindage said:

Yup! You are correct about the Mesa. They have several models for the 870, infact, more available for the 870 than for Mossbergs. Their mounting platforms were designed to provide for everything from optics such as red dots and reflexes to same plane BUIS.

If you go to Mesas site, you can download a catalogue. I would have zero problem trusting Mesa's quality.

There are others out there, but names escape me right now...

Heres the link to Mesa;
Mesa Tactical

There is an icon on the right side near the top you can click on to download the full catalogue. The saddle rails without shell carriers are on page 20. They are made from 5" to 20" and start at $85 MSRP.

I looked into the same thing awhile back, that's true.

Back