• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Savage Axis 6.5 Creedmoor

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Got to do some shooting this weekend with the Savage Axis in 6.5 Creedmoor.

I have added a Warne base, Weaver rings and a Simmons scope. I lapped the rings when I mounted the scope.

I really just wanted to take this one out and shoot it as it's been sitting in the safe for months so I just used what I had. I will upgrade the optics at some point but For now it works good for the ranges I am working woth

I am impressed with this gun. For a $150 rifle ($250 less $rebate) its a great shooter, even with the factory stock and trigger.

I was shooting some Remington Core-Loct 140 gr rounds through it.

SavageAxix6.5_001.jpg
SavageAxix6.5_002.jpg
My Caldwell muffs have seen better days.

SavageAxix6.5_003.jpg
(Hey @John A. , does this scope look familiar?) (The numbers on the rings are indicating position so that I put them back on in the same orientation after lapping them prior to mounting the scope.)

SavageAxix6.5_004.jpg

This is the range near my cabin. 100 yards max. When they built the bench they made the seat to low so I use a couple of boat cushions to sit on.

SavageAxix6.5_005.jpg
This is my last round of 4. I blew the last one I knew I was a little off but rather than resetting myself and restarting the shot I snapped the trigger. The rounds to the right were my first string after boresighting. The rounds to the left were my over corrections. I replaced the center target after dialing it in for the last set.

I'm impressed with this gun so far. As funding permits I plan on doing some upgrades and extending the range past 100 yards.

The only complaint I have so far is the magazine. I wish it was a little more robust, I fear the polymer clip snap will not last very long.

Even the trigger is not as bad as I expected. (I do not have the Acu-Trigger)

I think with a stiffer stock and Timney trigger this has potential for longer ranges.

Got to do some shooting this weekend with the Savage Axis in 6.5 Creedmoor.

I have added a Warne base, Weaver rings and a Simmons scope. I lapped the rings when I mounted the scope.

I really just wanted to take this one out and shoot it as it's been sitting in the safe for months so I just used what I had. I will upgrade the optics at some point but For now it works good for the ranges I am working woth

I am impressed with this gun. For a $150 rifle ($250 less $rebate) its a great shooter, even with the factory stock and trigger.

I was shooting some Remington Core-Loct 140 gr rounds through it.

View attachment 18899
View attachment 18900
My Caldwell muffs have seen better days.

View attachment 18901
(Hey @John A. , does this scope look familiar?) (The numbers on the rings are indicating position so that I put them back on in the same orientation after lapping them prior to mounting the scope.)

View attachment 18902

This is the range near my cabin. 100 yards max. When they built the bench they made the seat to low so I use a couple of boat cushions to sit on.

View attachment 18903
This is my last round of 4. I blew the last one I knew I was a little off but rather than resetting myself and restarting the shot I snapped the trigger. The rounds to the right were my first string after boresighting. The rounds to the left were my over corrections. I replaced the center target after dialing it in for the last set.

I'm impressed with this gun so far. As funding permits I plan on doing some upgrades and extending the range past 100 yards.

The only complaint I have so far is the magazine. I wish it was a little more robust, I fear the polymer clip snap will not last very long.

Even the trigger is not as bad as I expected. (I do not have the Acu-Trigger)

I think with a stiffer stock and Timney trigger this has potential for longer ranges.

Nice shootin mike, and thank you for keeping the flyer alive!!! If i dont pull one to mess up my group i feel like i failed LOL

Back