• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Scabbard use for 590A1 20"

I was curious. My sister move to Kotzebue last year. She spends off time in tundra hunting fiahing exploring etc... She is a nurse practitioner and does alot of traveling to various remote villages. She hounding me to come visit.

Oh man, now that's a northern village. You should absolutely go up for a visit sometime. I've been a few degrees further north a few times, but only in Canada. Haven't made it that far north in Alaska yet. Go in the early spring. Good amount of daylight, yet still some darkness so you can sleep. And you'll be able to go for a leisurely stroll on the frozen Arctic Ocean. It was about the most incredible color of blue I've ever seen:

de5378543b19033617f8983d174d7a07.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's funny stuff DP. Sounds like paradise, but too cold for this thin blooded, skinny assed old man. I made one trip to Alaska...absolutely beautiful. We landed in Anchorage and drove to Sitka for halibut fishing and drove back to Anchorage. Reckon we stayed in AK for 10 days. I shipped home 350 pounds of halibut and some salmon.

You and I are thinking alike on the scabbard. I would like to see a pic when you finish. Maybe Voodoo will make you production manager.
I ordered my BigDot, Brownell metal safety, and a GGG Stainless follower.

350 lbs is nice work. I've done some fishing on the Kenai, myself. Breathtaking country. I'll be sure to post a picture when I'm done with the Voodo. It ain't gonna be pretty. The extra fabric to cover the muzzle probably won't match. But it'll hold the damn gun properly, which is all that matters up there.

I was curious. My sister move to Kotzebue last year. She spends off time in tundra hunting fiahing exploring etc... She is a nurse practitioner and does alot of traveling to various remote villages. She hounding me to come visit.

I spent a night in Kotzebue in the mid '70s. On my way to Cape Lisburne, we flew in an Alaska Airlines 707 to Kotzebue and continued on the next day in a Twin Otter.

I am looking for a scabbard as well for my 590a1

any suggestions for this set up.

590a1, 20 inch barrel, Pistol Grip w\collapsible stock, ATI gen 2 Halo side saddle (only using 6 of the 9) as well a Sightmark Optics Red Dot Mil Spec Mini, Tri Rail forend system with attached Surshot LED flashlight

my main concern is will a scabbard allow for an extra 1.5 inches of width now due to the ATI saddle?

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

OKC m7 Bayonet just for fun.... never know if ya need a zombie poker

Attachments

• IMG_0424.jpg
    IMG_0424.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Can't say about the scabbard...but that's a bad looking shotgun you got there. Don't show Justin or Bill, they'll wanna take it...jus sayin'

350 lbs is nice work. I've done some fishing on the Kenai, myself. Breathtaking country. I'll be sure to post a picture when I'm done with the Voodo. It ain't gonna be pretty. The extra fabric to cover the muzzle probably won't match. But it'll hold the damn gun properly, which is all that matters up there.

The picture of the ice is really nice.

Back