• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Scope mounting/sight in trouble shooting

I just read this in a review on the Tru-glo scope.

" . . . the windage and elevation turrets aren't labeled to correct for point of impact, meaning if you want point of impact to move left, you have to turn the windage turret to the "right". The instructions don't reflect this and in fact state the opposite . . ."

Sooooo... are you turning the knobs the right way? It seems they are labeled backwards!

They're labeled the direction POI needs to move rather than the direction you want the cross hairs to move. I watched through the scope as I adjusted to the laser bore sight, right up to the point I ran out of adjustment.

My troubles are over.

All it took was new bases. And new rings. Oh, and a new scope. In reality, I'm pretty sure it was the jacked up scope. No matter, it's done. I'm happy with the set up. I'm posting results to the Savage Bolt Action thread, but the short story is this;
After replacing everything, I physically bore sighted the scope at about 30 yards. I fired my first shots on paper at 50 and corrected. Moved back to 100 and fine tuned. All is well.

Yup. I laid those pix side-by-side and they look like they are paired up better now. That TruGlo just didn't look comfy there. And I think it had some internal problems. Case closed.

I too believe the scope itself was the primary problem. There is more room than I need in this set up but my first time at 100 yards I'm shooting 1.25 MOA so it's staying! :)

Back