• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

scope rail for a 500

I wish I had an answer on thread size/pitch for you, but I have no clue.

I bought the Mossberg brand receiver rail and the screws fit just fine. You might try calling Mossberg Tech Support and see if they can assist you...

(800) 363-3555

They may even be able to sell you a set of the correct screws...

I believe you are right about the 8-40 (if my google foo is on today) but length will vary based on the rail you wish to install.

I've had awesome service from Fastenal when it comes to orderring screws I can't find elsewhere. They are cheap enough (couple cents per screw depending on what you need) you can bracket the size you need incase you are off and still not be out more than a couple dollars.

You can also try Havlin Sales, they know their Mossbergs.

time for a update i ordered screws and there the same size as the ones that came with the mount so iguess my mossberg must be older and use a different size screw

Did you buy the gun new? If not maybe it was drilled and tapped for a different thread pitch. Like a 6-32 or something. Did it have the small screws in it from the factory? You could always try a hardware store and see if you can match the pitch...

Semper Fi my Brothers & Sisters in Arms.

nope got it second hand but it looked factory since it had the plugs in it. ill probally take one of the plugs to a gun smith and have them match it up since i dont think this would be found in a hardware store in the configuration i need

If you can find out the thread pitch a company like McMaster has just about anything and everything... I have a weaver rail with screws if you want to try that... PM me your address, I'll mail it to you. If it works we'll figure it out then. If it doesn't, mail it back to me... sound cool?

Semper Fi my Brothers & Sisters in Arms.

Back