• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

See through scope rings for 464spx

bboss

Copper BB
Hello,
I'm new to this forum and I have a question about see through scope rings for my 464spx.
Did anybody mount see through scope rings on the new 464spx and if so please give me the pros and cons of what you mounted.
I like the fiber optics on it now but would like to mount a scope to reach out with more accuracy with out giving up the fiber optics.
any info will be appreciated.
Thank you

I think the 464SPX is a rifle with a lot of potential for accessorizing. I know you are proud to own one!

I'm guessing that your rifle is like the top one off the OFM website

http://www.mossberg.com/products/rifles ... rg-464-spx

What seems a bit baffling to me is the seemingly high sight axis in relation to the "M4-style 6-position adjustable" stock's comb and heel, and how to achieve a good cheek weld with the supplied iron sights. So I guess I need at answer your question with a question if you don't mind. :)

In what way would you interpret how your consistent cheek weld to the gunstock would be changed (either positively or negatively) if you had to place your line-of-sight 2"-3" higher than it is right now?

I'm a Larger person. 6'-4" 285lbs. I don't think it would be difficult for me to adjust to the see through rings. maybe even alittle more natural.

bboss said:
Hello,
I'm new to this forum and I have a question about see through scope rings for my 464spx.
Did anybody mount see through scope rings on the new 464spx and if so please give me the pros and cons of what you mounted.
I like the fiber optics on it now but would like to mount a scope to reach out with more accuracy with out giving up the fiber optics.
any info will be appreciated.
Thank you

I too have a 464spx and would like to use both too

Back