• Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Shell holder for mini shot shells for 500

GWarden

Lurker
Can anyone advise shell holders for Mossberg 500 that is designed to hold the short mini defense shotshells?

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I would think that any side shell holder would still fit them. Albeit maybe a little long.

I have a saddle on the side of my receiver made of plastic that I would suspect would still hold them.

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
I am not familiar with any side shell holder designed specifically for mini-shells.

But ESSTAC would maybe be a good choice.

Scoop

Lurker
I don't have any mini shells, but it looks like my sidesaddle would hold two minis in each cylinder, one at each end.

BoBo522

Lurker
The diameter is the same, so generally speaking you should be able to use any 12ga side saddle to hold any length shell from 3-1/2” down to 1-3/4”.

I have a couple of Tacstar side saddles, for 4 shells and for 6 shells. You can double load them with minishells if the loops are tight enough, or just single load them like you would any other shell.

For shotgun cards, buttstock cuffs, bandoliers, or slings with elastic loops you can single load them and they should work fine.