• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shockwave - new build

New here, if this is in the wrong spot sorry. Picked up a shockwave on a whim. The jewelry store that made my wife’s ring just started selling guns. I stopped in to have the ring cleaned and spotted the little guy. Hadn’t seen one in person before and had to have it. I’ve read through a few threads here and picked up quite a bit of info so I decided to join. Not sure what I’ll do as far as mods go but I’ll update here as I go.

Welcome to our forum. You'll like it here. Read some of the posts and you can get a lot of ideas. Ask any question and someone will answer.

Welcome aboard LC. Guns and Jewelry....that's an interesting combo. My only concern with that is the wife would want to go with me whenever I went to the gun store. There could be a conflict of interest going on there. Watch for fights between husband and wife breaking out in this store.:rolleye:
Congratulations on the new piece of "jewelry". Look at the Shockwave Photo link for some ideas on upgrades that have been done by fellow members.

I agree with Rico, that is certainly an interesting concept, jewelry and guns. However, I think it might be the way to keep both husband and wife happy. Women love jewelry and men love guns. If your really lucky, you find a woman that love guns too. :) Anyway, welcome to the Mossberg Forum Little Caesar.

Best regards.

Welcome aboard LC. Guns and Jewelry....that's an interesting combo. My only concern with that is the wife would want to go with me whenever I went to the gun store. There could be a conflict of interest going on there. Watch for fights between husband and wife breaking out in this store.:rolleye:
Congratulations on the new piece of "jewelry". Look at the Shockwave Photo link for some ideas on upgrades that have been done by fellow members.

Yeah I thought it was interesting too but it makes sense. They had to have an FFL to ship or keep the guns they engrave overnight so he thought he might as well sell em too. He’s an avid hunter so it makes working there a little more enjoyable for him too.

My wife went to school with the owner’s wife so she doesn’t even need to go there to shop there. She shops via text and I just do the pickup.

Owner says they’ve sold tons of guns since they started. Women want to buy guns for their significant other but they hate the whole gun store shopping experience for lots of reasons. He’s a genius really. Who wouldn’t start asking questions about the guns in the corner of the jewelry store you just walked in?!

Gun update: ordered the OPSol mini-clip and the Go Gauge led follower for sng’s.

Last edited:
That is a novel idea. Glad to hear it is working out well for the shop owner.

Welcome to the forum. Glad you joined.

So I’ve read conflicting statements and want to double check before ‘pulling the trigger.’ Lol, stupid joke. Anyway, the Magpul forearm from GG&G is advertised as modified to fit the shockwave but I’ve read here they don’t fit. Is that just excluding these offered by GG&G? I’ve seen plenty of them installed but I’d like to save myself from modifying anything if at all possible.

So I’ve read conflicting statements and want to double check before ‘pulling the trigger.’ Lol, stupid joke. Anyway, the Magpul forearm from GG&G is advertised as modified to fit the shockwave but I’ve read here they don’t fit. Is that just excluding these offered by GG&G? I’ve seen plenty of them installed but I’d like to save myself from modifying anything if at all possible.

The unmodified Magpul will not fit without removing a decent amount of plastic via dremel tool, etc.

GG&G’s will fit your shockwave if you order directly from them. They’re not doing anything official or fancy. Just doing the dremel work for you and, from what I’ve seen, done a fairly clean job of it.

I took the dremel to one myself and it came out fine. You can do it with the help from the folks here. You’ll be covered in plastic shavings when done, but that’s the only drawback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The unmodified Magpul will not fit without removing a decent amount of plastic via dremel tool, etc.

GG&G’s will fit your shockwave if you order directly from them. They’re not doing anything official or fancy. Just doing the dremel work for you and, from what I’ve seen, done a fairly clean job of it.

I took the dremel to one myself and it came out fine. You can do it with the help from the folks here. You’ll be covered in plastic shavings when done, but that’s the only drawback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve done my fair share of dremel work, guess that wouldn’t be a big deal at all. Next question: Anyone using the Magpul forearm with the quad rail from Black Aces? I just ordered it and would like to run both. Sitting on the rig sure makes it hard to stay away from online shopping. I haven’t even shot the dadgum thing yet.

I just installed a GG&G modified Magpul forend on my Shockwave yesterday. The work GG&G did is much cleaner than I or probably anyone could have done with a Dremel - it’s very professionally done.

I just installed a GG&G modified Magpul forend on my Shockwave yesterday. The work GG&G did is much cleaner than I or probably anyone could have done with a Dremel - it’s very professionally done.

Thanks man, I think that’s the route I’ll go. I like to tinker but that’s a no brainer for me.

UPDATE: OPSol mini-clip came in. I haven’t been to the city in a while so I haven’t been able to get a hold of any Aguila shells until today. Went to the local gun store and the old man there gave me a styrofoam bowl full of them. He don’t know how he got em and he don’t care he said, just take em. So I did lol.

Last edited:
Congrats and welcome from MI!!!

Just shoot it!!! Ideas for mods will come to you.

Mail call today. Got the Go Gauge led follower, and the CDM Gear Delta Wave safety in.

TtPJ9Lf.jpg

Picture shown with the bowl of Aguila shells the old man hooked me up with lol. Install was literally two minutes on the follower and maybe five for the safety. Definitely worth it for the safety, the led follower is more of a novelty for me but it might come in handy one day. Also plugged in the OPSol mini-clip and it works as advertised.

Took some pics, should I use something other than photobucket or can you guys see these?

qgeJbdP.jpg

k8USTpZ.jpg

l9ajRA0.jpg

AsZI6If.jpg

ZnvyWAH.jpg

Hl2zxbA.jpg

zpf4RxQ.jpg

N10a9gH.jpg

T22dRiE.jpg

Last edited:
@Little Caesar Photobucket no longer allows third larty linking unless you pay up.

Might want to use Imgur or just upload them directly to you posts.

Click on the "Upload A File" button on the reply screen and select the photo from your computer files. Don't make the files too large or they will not load.

Back