• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shockwave newbie bunch of random questions

I have Krylon painted 2 500's with a sponge paint camo finish.
Both have held up GREAT!

These both included barrels and receivers.

The best thing about the finish, if ever something happened, like a deep scratch or anything else, the repair takes only a couple minutes.

Anyone worried about the barrel getting hot and causing issues with the paint, I have never had that happen. Both of these have seen plenty of use. From hunting to clay games.

There are plenty of videos out on the interweb on how to accomplish this finish. Prep is the key. Clean and decrease everything and the Krylon will stick great. Final coat on mine are a matte clear coat to add extra durability.

Skully, why don't you want to take it to a range? You could be the "best of show."
Get comfortable at home cycling the gun with it empty. Do not get in a hurry with this weapon. If possible, get yourself some dummy shotgun rounds.
Be slow and methodical. Go to the range and load two rounds. Cycle one and shoot from the hip, and cycle the other and shoot from the hip. Be sure to get a good grip and use the front hand strap. If you are happy, then load more. Remember to use the safety. If you decide to hold the weapon out and aim, be sure to keep it away from your face. Extend the front arm.
Everyone at the range will think you are the hottest guy in town.
Don't wait to add parts my friend....go shoot it. Your new toy is intimidating, but it is really a pussy cat.
You will come home with a smile bigger than the first time you conquered the roller coaster.

After you do that, get back to us and we will help you find what you want, if it is available. Maybe you can tell us where to buy Zombie Green.;)
Go have fun!

Uhhh, I know what you're saying but the 12ga. Shockwave ain't no pussycat. It may be after you're really used to it but for the newbie, respect it highly and get very used to shooting it! Hang on Sloopy!

Back