• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shockwave Photos

Rico

20g
Supporter
How about a thread where we post pictures of our Shockwave.
That way anytime we need a Shockwave overload we have a place to go.
I will start with a picture of Stogie that I "doctored".
I look forward to seeing everyone's pictures.
Stogie on the Doghouse Cartoon resize.JPG

MODERATOR NOTE.

THERE USUALLY COMES A LOT OF QUESTIONS ALONG WITH PHOTO THREADS, BUT THIS TOPIC IS STRICTLY FOR PHOTOS. ANY POST NOT HAVING A SHOCKWAVE PHOTO WILL BE DELETED ON SIGHT.

IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT A PART OR WHATEVER, PLEASE SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO THE PERSON AND ASK THEM DIRECTLY.

THANK YOU

Not mine but a really awesome Shockwave by Black Aces Tactical. "It's a complete Shockwave upgrade. Not only does it feature our quad rail, shell holder, and spike, but we also upgraded to an ATI pistol grip, tube, and SIG brace!" -From their page.
71012f296a0f7d307f01966c4061742b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

How about a thread where we post pictures of our Shockwave.
That way anytime we need a Shockwave overload we have a place to go.
I will start with a picture of Stogie that I "doctored".
I look forward to seeing everyone's pictures.
View attachment 16855
I used a lizard skin bat wrap on my Raptor grip. I thought somebody might be interested in seeing it. It gives it quite a bit of cushion in a lot of grip.
8950cfba86052d2a54afa894931113dd.jpg

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Here's my Shockwave w/GG&G modded Magpul forend w/MagGrips panels, GG&G sidesaddle w/QD sling mount, Magpul MS-1 sling, Magpul paraclip loop w/paraclip, Magpul rail w/20-lumen MFT Torch (I have since moved the rail to 3 o'clock and replaced the Torch w/a Streamlight TLR-1) and S&J follower. I also have an S&J +1 590 mag extension enroute they say will work w/the Shockwave.

Tomac

PA100004s.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, this should be the final version of my Shockwave:
XS Big Dot tritium front sight
GG&G sidesaddle w/QD sling mount
GG&G modded Magpul forend w/cantilever light mount & paraclip loop
S&J +1 Mag Extension w/follower & longer/stronger spring
Magpul MS-1 sling, QD sling swivel & paraclip
MFT Torch 20 lumen light
Mag Grips grip panels (temporarily removed at the time this photo was taken, definitely a "must have" on the Magpul forend, IMHO)
S&B 12-pellet #1 buck vice the S&B 9-pellet 00 buck I was using earlier
After more range testing, I discovered the paraclip loop could cause discomfort to my support hand, so I moved it by drilling a couple of mounting holes farther back.
Really wanted the light on the same side as the side saddle for ease of access, the cantilever rail doesn't cause any recoil-induced problems (as opposed to the std rails I tried earlier) after I gently beveled the sharp edge at the rear of the rail. The MFT Torch is now as far forward as possible which minimizes bbl shadow w/o receiving muzzle blast. I could mount a different light there, like a Streamlight RM-1 I have sitting in my parts bin, but that would expose the bezel to muzzle blast.
I really like the S&J mag extension even if it doesn't increase capacity due to the S&B's longer length (it's already getting scoured by muzzle blast, comes w/the territory something protrudes past the muzzle).
I also like the pattern size I'm getting from the S&B loads at the ranges I anticipate using the Shockwave (YMMV). I'm really enjoying how well the Shockwave handles and how accurate it is now that I have some range time with it. What was originally intended to be a range toy now has possibilities in my self-defense inventory!
Tomac

PB040003s.jpg

Welp, it's 0200 here in good ol Tennessee. I just couldn't go to sleep knowing I was so close.... Gent's, here she is. It's been a long road and I've enjoyed every step along the way. I will take some better pics during the day tomorrow. Enjoy!
0a7622f03349f7b10ed175bc4da6b7e8.jpg
3604f45e306f3a8018b89e80e2fb2a37.jpg
ecf571bd7b6ca6c68885bef7eef046df.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

After much experimentation, I've gone KISS w/my Shockwave, reverting back to the original corncob sans strap.
Still have the S&J +1 extension (even though it doesn't actually add +1) w/spring & follower, XS Big Dot tritium front, GG&G side saddle w/QD sling mount, Magpul MS-4 sling (not shown here), GG&G Shockwave light mount & 20 lumen MFT Torch for a lightweight/low-profile lighting solution. Loads are S&B 12-pellet #1 Buck (I like the S&B's spread out of the Shockwave for my intended distances).

Tomac

PB180002.JPG

Well I finally got my shockwave setup for the most part how I want it. Only thing missing is I will be installing either the bulldot or the center mass laser. I haven't decided which yet though.

12g Marinecote Shockwave
Modified Mossberg Marinecote heat shield
Ergo Tri-Rail forend
AFG
CDM Gear dovetail oversized safety
Lizardskins bat grip tape

**since these pictures were taken I did install the front bolt & nut to clamp it on**

sw1.JPG IMG_5371.JPG

Back