• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shockwave sling

One of the first orders of business will be deciding on a sling and how to attach it. I haven't decided on 1 or two point, but have always used two point. Wondering if one point may be the way to go here. Plan on home defense and target practicing.

I'm not an experienced sling user. But I got the Magpul MS4 sling for my Shockwave. I decided (I think) that I like two-point better.

For attachment points, I have the GG&G side saddle with the optional quick detach sling swivel on the rear.
20221028_185302[1].jpg

On the front, I have the Defender Tactical Tri-Rail to attach the Streamlight TLR-8 and the Magpul MAG337 RSA QD Rail Sling.
Tri-rail-and-QD.jpg

And here ya go:
Shockwave-and-Magpul-sling.jpg

I'm also new here and a new Shockwave owner. I went deep down the accessory rabbit hole and did a lot of research. If there is ONE accessory I would suggest as ESSENTIAL, it's the Defender Tactical Rear Grip Enhancement Kit. <--- Linky!

Even though yours is a 20-ga, this "recoil strap" makes gripping the Shockwave like slipping on a comfortable glove. And it gives you exquisite control over the gun.
Shockwave-Recoil-Strap.jpg
But instead of using the supplied little o-ring to secure the strap to the grip....
1671372020260.png

... Thread the strap through the grip sleeve:

Recoil-Strap.jpg

Just be aware that the grip sleeve is a very tight fit. It will take a lot of effort to feed it onto the grip. Feed the strap through first. Then prepare for a workout getting it on. You will have to stretch the sleeve a LOT, and it will seem like you might rip it. You won't. The rubber will turn white as it's stretched... and then goes back. It won't rip. It's tough stuff. But, once you get it on, it's a perfect set-up.

Last edited:
Back