• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shockwave "stock" on a 590?

Marvel

Hypothetically....Just curious...Can I put one of those birds feet (whatever they're called) on a standard 590? Not that I'm really inclined to do that, but say I wanted to take the weapon on a road trip or something where a shorter version might be more desirable. Instead of buying an entire new weapon. Or I've also got a Maverick 88 20 ga. that I'm contemplating shortening the barrel down to about 20 inches.

Can’t see why not. The birds head grip bolts right on the 590, 500 and the 88 I believe. As long as the weapon maintains a 26”+ overall length, you should be good. Shockwave Technology makes them, are very fast shippers and have good prices and colors.

Thanks. Ya looked that up and it seems as though one grip ($25) will fit both. I don't know for sure, but I doubt that 590 with an 18" barrel will make 26", but that's just a guess.

I’m pretty sure that 590 with an 18” barrel and a pistol grip is 26”+, and since the birds head on the 14” barrel Shockwave makes that 26”+, I think you will be ok..

Back