• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shooting has just gotten better

OMG!!!! I WANT IT!

The rifle that is ;) haha I start out with the small stuff first :p
I'd love a Remington 700 in .223 with the AICS stock they have there <3

Neat scope, REALLY awesome technology! What uh, is the price range for one of these? Are they going to be a new Night Force at $4000? :(

Not a chance.

For a system with tech like that you're looking at the $15,000-$20,000 range...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Not a chance.

For a system with tech like that you're looking at the $15,000-$20,000 range...

"It will be commercially available..." yeah to Bill Gates... >.> Damn

That's an expensive aim-bot.

This is one case where gadgetry may indeed equal proficiency.

Yeah, it's not going to be cheap.

I'd like to ask what happens when you change ammo weight or even powder how that is going to affect the scope calculations/zero auto correct.

It sounds like all it does is rangefind and calculate drop. Maybe wind at the shooter, but probably not wind and elevation down range to target, so I would still question just how effective it really is.

I may could see it being beneficial to some, but there will never be a tangible substitute for real shooting efficiency and skill.

John A. said:
I'd like to ask what happens when you change ammo weight or even powder how that is going to affect the scope calculations/zero auto correct.

^^THIS^^

I would like to throw this in a thread over at the Sniper's Hide and see them tear it apart lol

John, you make a good point. No computer has yet to replace the human mind and the ability to improvise on the spot.

Even so, id love to check one of these out!

I think it would be good for something like Varmint hunting. Deer move to much and so do humans. This, in my honest opinion, would be a mistake for the Military to pick up. Due to the fact that there is A LOT of room for error. Especially just from what John has brought to light!

American Rifleman had an article within the past year or two on this sighting "system". If I find it I'll post it...

I am a bid fan of gadgets & gear but i feel this takes the skill out of shooting...seems to me more like a video game with live rounds....

Back