• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shopping for dog food and a few grocery staples today : INFLATION

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
The 22-lb bag of dog food I have been buying for several years was (after tax)

$97.00

In Kroger a jar of Hellmans or Dukes mayo is now

$8.00

and a can of Crisco shortening is

$11.99

Dave, the other thing we're seeing is that the container size of many products has got smaller as the price has got higher.

When this is factored in then the inflation precentage is really high, certainly well above the 8.x % the governemnt is telling us.

Plus the biggest impact is on folks who live on a fixed income and have been dealing with increased prices on everything these last two years.

Regards

Yeah, biden and the democrats really suck.

I mean REALLY suck.

Ernst, I have noticed many items getting smaller. Here's a few examples I have seen.

8 and 18 count packs of coca cola lately? No longer 12 and 24 packs.

Snack food cakes getting 1 less cake per box

Half gallon ice cream no longer exists. It's now 1.5 quart (which is a pint less ice cream per container than before).

The Bidet Tax really sucks. Once the Republicans take power in a couple weeks (unless elections are stolen again), I want the first order of business to be his and and the airhead veep's impeachments. Unlike Trumpy, they are certainly deserved of it. :mad:

I used to pay around $600 for an aluminum order from my supplier delivered by truck to my location. I would often add a few extra sticks of material to have on hand for prototyping or whatever. My last order was $1600 and that was without any extras and was a very lean order. Meaning the next order in Nov. may approach $2000! :eek: And you can't blame CV or tariffs on this--it is purely the admin's fault and they must hang for this... ;) (figuratively speaking although I would certainly and most happily observe the literal interpretation :D )

I've noticed the shrinking portions in TV dinners. Where there used to be 3 slices of turkey there are only 2. (for example)

Yeah, just can't make that dollar stretch as far anymore.

How anyone came up with the published grocery inflation percentage numbers is beyond me. Seriously. I have seen 100%+ inflation on many items. No exaggeration. Take care. Tom Worthington

Tom, basic things around here like canned soup, eggs, butter and jars of mayo & peanut butter have more than doubled in price in the last year plus the shelves of certain items are essentially bare. Meat selection is roughly half of what it was only a few months ago.

Many folks around us live on fixed incomes and/or social security which to date has barely increased for inflation. People today are buying only the basics, store brands vice name brands and have quit buying non essentials nice to have things.

Plus fuel prices keep going up and parts for our tractors and trucks are harder to find.

I fear it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

Regards

Yeah, I've heard two people mention they couldn't even get oil filters for their trucks lately.

The chickens are coming home to roost. And it's not just a democrat problem either. Jobs started leaving en masse during the Reagan years too.

Mental asylums ended during Reagans tenure as well. Which has done tremendous damage to the country as well as the increase crime because of it.

Just calling it how I see it.

My observations:

We had to drive to town today for some provisions and as we are going through the grocery store I always notice what people are putting in their baskets or these days, what they are not. Was also interesting that the line for the express checkout (15 items or less) was twice as long as the normal checkout and you listen the the clerk tell folks their total. Most were between $60 and $80 for 15 or less items!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had to buy off road diesel today for the tractors and the price was $5.50 a gallon whereas regular diesel was $5.77. I noticed regular was $4.85.

We can't stand another two years of these price increases but I agree with John, I'm not sure next week's election, no matter the outcome, is going to impact prices or shortages.

Rapidly becoming a survival situation for many.

Regards

Back