• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

short on cash but plenty of ingenuity

J.L.

.270 WIN
I made this out of necessity. This dove season I found a sweet spot for hunting dove. The only problem is, there is no shade. It must be a corridor area since the doves fly in all directions over this spot. By 11:00 a.m. this spot gets full sun and reachs 100 degrees. I currently hunt using this set up and am going to refine it. The netting provided good shade and air flow. The modified hitch basket was a comfortable place to sit and hunt from. It is at a comfortable height for quickly sitting/standing while hunting. I have been hunting from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m with this homemade blind. It is comfortable and easy to set up. The refinements I plan are as follows: !. Paint the pvc frame flat black. Use camo bungee cords to stabilize the frame. Add a shotgun rest to the basket. Make some kind of rain fly (in case of a stray shower). Do you guys have any ideas? :)

Attachments

• blind2.JPG
    blind2.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_3057.JPG
    IMG_3057.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_3058.JPG
    IMG_3058.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 170
Back