• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shorter stock options

BWILL83

Copper BB
Bought my wife a Mossberg 500 Home Security .410 the shoulder stock is still to long for her to comfortably fire and she wants to add a pistol grip. I see lots of collapsible stock options for the 500 but all say for 12 guage. Has anyone tried to fit one to a .410 and if so how did it work?

Haven't tried but I'd check out the phoenix kick lite to see if that fits heard its a sweet set up!

Most of the 12 guage stocks will fit a 20g with a slight overhang, issues occur around the bolt release with some.

I'm not sure if any of these will mate up with a .410 receiver. If it is a lot thinner than the 20g receiver your options are probably pretty limited.

I don't have one for comparison so I'm not able to offer much more info than that. Sorry.

You might want to try a 505 stock (either synthetic or wood, both should measure out to 12 inch or a 12.5 inch for the L.O.P.) if that isn't a help you could try a stock from the 510 mini (it should mate up but I'm not sure, just throwing that out as a solution)

The BLACKHAWK! KNOXX SPECOPS NRS adjustable stock for the Mossberg 500's bolts right onto the .410 (500E) with very minor trimming of the plastic.

If you ever decide to try the 505 youth stock, I have one and would trade for your full size. Mine is wood, but it has one scratch in it. I was thinking about refinishing it and sanding out the scratch. I can stain it any shade you want if you are interested.

Back