• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shotgun Barrel Help

Good evening All,

I am currently looking for assistance from owners with the Mossberg 500. I own a Mossberg 930 and have a micro dot sight for it that I would like to mount further down the barrel on the rib. The product is called the "Rib-Rider" and can be purchased at Aim-tech on their website here:

http://www.aimtech-mounts.com/Rib Riders.htm

After getting an email back from them, they mentioned that they don't know if it'll fit the Moss930, but if the ribs are the same on the 930 as the 500, then it should fit. AND THAT, is where I hit a dead end and would love your help. What I'm looking for is the hight measurement off the barrel your rib is as well as the width of the rib itself. If the 930 and 500 have the same ribs and is "identical it should work," those are their words.

Hope to hear from ya'll and I really appreciate the time to read the post. Stay sharp my friends!

It may be difficult to get an exact measurement of rib height because of the tapering barrels contour, from "fat" at the chamber to "thin" near the muzzle.

I can't believe that Mossberg Customer Service thinks that two different people not in the same room can get a measurement that means anything compared to the other.

Right I get what you're saying about the tapering barrels, I don't know I guess I was thinking that maybe a measurement at the aft, mid and forward would be good enough because I won't be mounting it on the aft part of the rib nor the front but just having them would maybe be helpful. Thanks for the reply nitesite.

For what its worth the rib width on mine is .370, as nitesite said measuring height is pretty vague, as its a constant taper from breech to bore but I did measure the thickness of the rib itself at .130

For what its worth the rib width on mine is .370, as nitesite said measuring height is pretty vague, as its a constant taper from breech to bore but I did measure the thickness of the rib itself at .130
Thank you Dieselmudder, I take a look at mine and see the measurements are. Now that I've thought about it for some time, not sure why I dont buy it and try it out, if it fits it fits. If it doesn't big deal just return it. Again thank you very much for taking the time!

Back