• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shotgun fitting

ppd1107

Copper BB
I tried a 935 today at Cabelas. Just like every other Mossberg sporting shotgun, it pointed high for me. I found some discontinued shims to adjust the stock on my 535 but is there anyway to adjust the stock on a 935?

Buddy, I wish I could get you some help here but I'm at a loss.

Do you by chance know which one you need? I have the set that same with my 930.

I don't know which one I need. I want a semi auto that shoots 3 1/2 inch shells and I like the 935 except for the fit. I just don't want to buy one without knowing that I will be able to fix the fitting problem that I know I have with the shotgun.

If you can't find them anywhere else let me know and I'll send you the ones I have. The shims for the 930 should also work on the 935.

Sorry, I no longer have them.

There are shims available from OFM

Stock Drop Shims

Attachments

• 95091.gif
    95091.gif
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,014
I bought a 935 with the synthetic stock and I have the same problem you have. The owners manual states that the shim kit is included, but it wasn't in the box for my brand new gun. I went to Mossberg's website and sent them a message about this through their "ask a question" area.

I received an email that they are sending me the shim kit (available on their website for $19.99) for free.

If you have a sythetic stock 935, it should come with the shim kit. If it doesn't, Mossberg will send you one.

That's great news!

It's great to see that Mossberg responded and is taking care of you. Keep us posted on how the shims work out...

It is true new Mossberg 935's should come with a stock shim and retention plate kit which allow changes from 1/4" drop to a 3/8" rise. I had to lower mine 1/4" to get the barrel to point correctly, and I found it necessary to shorten the stock 0.30" also. Once I performed these two changes, the gun is now shouldering and pointing perfectly for me, especially during bitter cold waterfowl hunting with four layers on top! The shortening of the stock took a little time to set up a perfect cut on my compound miter saw, a little dremel work on the inside of the stock, and a little dremel and file work on the recoil pad. Whole process took less than an hour and it fits great. To shorten the stock any further would require alteration to the return spring tube length, which I am not knowledgeable enough to begin to attempt.

Back