• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SHOTGUN: Holographic/Red Dot Sight Options

LOL... is PA really that good?
yeah dude....they are . they are not Aimpoint. They do anything we want to do and I bet it works SHTF no problem......their micro red dots are good.
IF there is a problem Marshal at PA will take care of you well after warrantee

I had a green dot reflex from them a number of years ago and it lost the ability to adjust to ambient light conditions, photo sensor.

PA didn't offer the green dot reflex anymore, it was past warrantee so Marshal sent me his off is personal gun. He said he wanted to try the new one anyway.
That sigh is still going strong to this day

It was on Marshal's 40SW, my 12 ga, an AR and now it is retiring to a 10/22

their scopes are good too, they work well, same CS, the places the other companies outshine them is light gathering, FOV, eye relief and eye box. It is all just a little less on the PA scopes......but it has never left me wanting more at dusk. I make all my shots just fine

yeah dude....they are . they are not Aimpoint. They do anything we want to do and I bet it works SHTF no problem......their micro red dots are good.
IF there is a problem Marshal at PA will take care of you well after warrantee

I had a green dot reflex from them a number of years ago and it lost the ability to adjust to ambient light conditions, photo sensor.

PA didn't offer the green dot reflex anymore, it was past warrantee so Marshal sent me his off is personal gun. He said he wanted to try the new one anyway.
That sigh is still going strong to this day

It was on Marshal's 40SW, my 12 ga, an AR and now it is retiring to a 10/22

their scopes are good too, they work well, same CS, the places the other companies outshine them is light gathering, FOV, eye relief and eye box. It is all just a little less on the PA scopes......but it has never left me wanting more at dusk. I make all my shots just fine

Well no sheeeit. Thanks for the education. Might have to put this down on my Father's Day gift request.

@Water Monkey , once the LED technology Aimpoint had cornered was out of the bag, it was easy for everyone else to figure out how to get 50,000hrs using LED as opposed to laser or just cheap light

All I can say is this; I have been using Primary Arms for many years and their stuff is very well made, damn near bullet proof. And as stated above ^ the customer service is second to none. Marshall (the owner) will even talk to you on the phone if you have an issue. Don't get me wrong, I love AimPoint quality, you can keep your Eotech's, been there done that, not impressed with battery life.

Holosun is actually owned by Primary Arms or vise versa I forget which. Anyway the Holosun Solar Red Dot is badass, with 50K hrs battery life. But it turns on automatically when you pick up your weapon, then goes to sleep after a certain time setting. Very cool optic. Basically they are the same optic with different functions.

holosun-hs-403c-600x600.jpg

HS403C_5-500x500.jpg

You are a good sport, I have to give you that.

Meh. I just chalk it up to Oli not being very lady like.

I usually expect more class from high end gear hookers.

But hey you can't make a ho a house wife.

:p

Xoxo

But now back to the thread.

Thanks for the info, albeit late to the game for me, on PA.

Last edited:
Just ordered my PA Micro Red Dot. Thanks for the great review dwb!!!
You are going to love that optic. Just keep it set to medium (6) brightness setting and forget it. Outside on a bright sunny day you will probably bump it up to 10 or 12, 12 being the highest setting for brightness.
I walked out back yesterday and took one cold bore shot at 25 yards, standing, and it hit one inch low. Which is exactly what I expected, since I zeroed it at 50 yards with Winchester 12 GA 3 inch magnum rifled slugs. It's like shooting a rifle with a bad attitude, and I love it.IMG_2117.JPG

Last edited:
I received my Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot with Push Buttons and up to 50K-Hour Battery Life, MD-ADS from Joe Bob's Outfitters today. I was actually at the range today but didn't get the optic until I got home. I will have to wait for a few weeks until I get back to the range to test it out. Construction is very impressive. The red dot is very bright.
FullSizeRender2_zpsjxlyifyy.jpg

FullSizeRender1_zps8i1ble7d.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsfjujr9cg.jpg

IMG_7696_zpsmriupsan.jpg

Reactions: dwb
I received my Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot with Push Buttons and up to 50K-Hour Battery Life, MD-ADS from Joe Bob's Outfitters today. I was actually at the range today but didn't get the optic until I got home. I will have to wait for a few weeks until I get back to the range to test it out. Construction is very impressive. The red dot is very bright.
AWESOME, you are going to love it. Sweet looking rig you have there bro. What side saddle is that? It looks very substantial.

WRT battery life, the newest RDS have a motion sensor and switch themselves off when they stop moving. They're intended for EDC on handguns.

I put the Bushnell TRS-25 on my 930 SPX and it allowed me to put 2 Federal Tru-Ball slugs with a couple inches of each other at 50 yards. However, I have the same problem with it as I have with my Glock 40 and it's Vortex Viper MRD. The red dot and the front sight don't line up, which drives me crazy. Now admittedly, I have little experience with MRDs. I have a Vortex Strikefire on my Colt 6920 M4, and the co-witness is good there, dot and front sight are stacked on top of each other.

I’m really interested in the Armasight MCS.

https://www.amazon.com/Armasight-Black-Micro-Collimating-Red-Dot/dp/B007SYKW4A

34ABE0B1-D0AA-4E19-8BF1-5B20BEC116ED.jpeg

The hood is removable but what I most like is the option of the ring reticle. It’s a 2 MOA dot or 20 MOA ring. I think I would like that on a shotgun. Maybe I’m wrong and a simple dot is the way to go, but I’m thinking of it in terms of a pattern. If I know the size of the pattern at a given distance and the ring is 20 MOA I can kind of use the ring as a ranging reticle d pending on how it looks on a target of known size and then I can have a reasonable expectation of the pattern on the target.

Does that make any sense? It’s kinda like the same idea of the “redring” holo sight that came out some years ago. They were expensive then, like $500+. And now I don’t think they’re even made anymore.

Back