• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shotgun: Receiver Rails/Optics Bases

LAZY EYED SNIPER

Overwatch
Global Moderator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Have any questions about Receiver Rails/Optics Bases for your shotgun? Is there a particular model you like to use? Let's see some pics and discussion...
 

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I like the Bsquare receiver mount for the 500.
 

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
Moderator
Anyone interested in an EGW receiver mount pic rail with screws for a Mossberg 500/590?

The old Persuader is better off without it these days and the Bushnell lives on my OA now.
 

Sn3aKyGuY

.30-06
Rossignol said:
Anyone interested in an EGW receiver mount pic rail with screws for a Mossberg 500/590?

The old Persuader is better off without it these days and the Bushnell lives on my OA now.
PM sent.
 

Itsricmo

.30-06
Can anyone help me out with a review on this rail:

http://www.amazon.com/Sports-Shotgun-Fu ... 256&sr=8-6

I originally saw it posted on here and that is how I came across it. I am contemplating buying one, but only if it is a solid platform. I have the side saddle on my 500 so I cannot use an AimTech Warhammer and I have the LEO adapter so I cannot use a Mesa Tactical Rail. I have seen the Minotaur Tactical but everyone over at ShotgunWorld swore up and down it is a horrible product used by a crap company! So if anyone has a good word for it, I will get it and than post my review, but if it has a bad rap already, ehh...

Thanks,
Rick
 

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
Moderator
Itsricmo, I remember it coming up in conversation.

I dont remember the context, whether it had been purchased or was being asked about.

I cant speak for any of the rails man... Theres another full length rail someone on here has mentioned a time or two, but I cant remember the rail or where I saw it.

Maybe in the 590 section? It may have been under "Naked 590's" or something to that affect? I'd have to look.
 

Itsricmo

.30-06
Dang.. I was hoping someone had some insight on the rail. There is an "S&J" rail but it is also only compatible with a MESA-Tactical High Tube adapter. It is only like $60, maybe I will just buy it and see what happens from there. I'm just afraid I am gonna blow $60 on a rail that won't hold a good zero with flip-up sights for slugs.


EDIT: I have just decided to purchase the rail. Once I get it I will test it out immediately as too be able to return it if it doesn't meet my standards! Can't hurt too try!
 

Itsricmo

.30-06
Estimated Delivery is March 7th. With me working for Norfolk Southern, I am never sure when I will be home next, but hopefully looking ahead on the weeks schedule I should be home next weekend! I will get pictures and all that good stuff up. I will start a thread and post a link here :)
 

VitSports6

20g
Supporter
There certainly isn't much info on the Aim Sports site, I would be interested in what you think as well.
Best of luck!
 

Itsricmo

.30-06
Alright, im going shooting with the rail installed tomorrow morning or noonish. I will take plenty of pictures and do a thorough review oft the rail, will post a link here
 

VitSports6

20g
Supporter
Itsricmo said:
Alright, im going shooting with the rail installed tomorrow morning or noonish. I will take plenty of pictures and do a thorough review oft the rail, will post a link here
Whats your opinion of the fit and finish?
Any pics as it sits now?
Have fun!
 

Itsricmo

.30-06
No pictures as of this moment.. finish is outstanding really and packaging is pretty good so nothing got damaged during shipment, as for fit... its tight, real tight. The "clamp" on the end did scratch my finish on the barrel a little bit. Which its on my fun shotgun so it isnt significant, but that could get you rather upset if its a gun you arent willing to let get beat up a bit.

Aside from that, mine rock solid and has no wobble at all. 4 hex screws on the receiver and 4 for the clamp, I doubt with a little blue loktite thst this thing would move at all after 100+ slugs. All the optics i had in house fit the rail so it is persion machined/manufactured and there is a nice little bottom rail attachment for ligjt/laser/bayonet/bipod which is a plus!!
 

VitSports6

20g
Supporter
Itsricmo said:
No pictures as of this moment.. finish is outstanding really and packaging is pretty good so nothing got damaged during shipment, as for fit... its tight, real tight. The "clamp" on the end did scratch my finish on the barrel a little bit. Which its on my fun shotgun so it isnt significant, but that could get you rather upset if its a gun you arent willing to let get beat up a bit.

Aside from that, mine rock solid and has no wobble at all. 4 hex screws on the receiver and 4 for the clamp, I doubt with a little blue loktite thst this thing would move at all after 100+ slugs. All the optics i had in house fit the rail so it is persion machined/manufactured and there is a nice little bottom rail attachment for ligjt/laser/bayonet/bipod which is a plus!!
Very nice!
I was curious about the way it was mounted, Like I posted before, There is very little info to go by on the AimSports site.
 
Top